Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Any way to make scp more powerful? Post 302178460 by pallak7 on Tuesday 25th of March 2008 02:24:46 PM
Old 03-25-2008
They do support SSH but the FTP doesn't support interaction. When I tried to write a batch file and call it with
Code:
sftp -B batchfile

it says:
Quote:
FATAL: ssh client failed to authenticate. (or you have too old ssh installed, check with ssh -v)
In other words, I didn't want to hard-code the password into the script so I basically had:
Code:
open user@hostname
put file /path/to/remote/dest
put file2 /path/to/remote/dest
quit

in the batch file and it failed executing the first command. I also tried using expect to "watch" my session and that didn't work either. Unfortunately, scp seems like the only thing that is script-able.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Is Mac OS X Server Really Powerful?

Look We all know that Linux is almost BulletProof and about 40% faster than Win2K3 Server, When running Oracle DB, Right? Now my Question is can OS X run just as Well as Linux as a Server being PowerPC and Whatever, Can it be just as stable? Now You Tell me, Which is most Practical: Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedVenim
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

An curious idea, how to make it by the powerful script?

I use a simple script to do some quantum calculations with gaussian package. the script as follows #!/bin/sh #put a gaussian input file into a new folder in the same name #and submit this new job for i in *.gjf do FN=$( echo $i | sed 's/.gjf//') mkdir $FN mv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Boy, is the shell powerful.

Reading replies to questions, as an amateur, I have learnt a lot from you pros on here. The shell in any of its guises is serioulsy poweful. With so many transient and resident commands at one's disposal is there anything, non-GUI, that cannot be done inside a default shell and terminal? ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
12 Replies