Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed grabbing the last line of a file Post 302178075 by in2nix4life on Monday 24th of March 2008 02:35:10 PM
Old 03-24-2008
Hope this helps:

sed -n '$p'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script grabbing cvs file .....

how do I write a script to checkout a file in cvs and cat the file into a file in my home directory Commands are cd /home/smr/sandbox cvsroot choose option 1 cvs co filename cat filename > /home/smr/newfilename Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grabbing a value from an output file

I am executing a stored proc and sending the results in a log file. I then want to grab one result from the output parameters (bolded below, 2) so that I can store it in a variable which will then be called in another script. There are more details that get printed in the beginning of the log file,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hern14
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to read line by line and input into another file

I have two files. Fileone contains text string one text string two text string three Filetwo contains Name: Address: Summary: Name: Address: Summary: Name: Address: Summary: I would like to use sed to read each line of file one and put it at the end of the summary line of file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dolacap
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kornshell grabbing value from file

I have a script right now that I run a command which outputs just one word to a file. Well I need to grab that value and use it in another line of code so... touch oraclesid.txt echo $ORACLE_SID > oraclesid.txt #grab that value sqlplus v500/v500@<value> how do I grab that value from the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blogger11
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inquiry on Grabbing info from file.

Here is another script I am trying to customize currently, this script is used to send me disk space information, but at the moment I have to enter all the servers in manually SERVER= "xxx bbb ccc" ect.. how can I script it so that the servers are called off a txt file versus me entering all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace a line with modified line in same file

i have few lines in a file... i am reading them in a while loop so a particular line is held is $line1.. consider a modified line is held in $line2.... i want to replace $line1 with $line2 in the same file... how to do it..? i have come up till the below code sed "s/$line1/$line2/g" tmpfile.sql... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing top line of text in a file and setting it to a variable

If I have a txt file with test.txt somelineoftext and I want to set that line of text to variable in a script: so #!/bin/bash var='' becomes #!/bin/bash var='somelineoftext' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing a chunk of text from a file

Hi, I have a Report.txt file. Say the contents of this file are : 1 2 3 4 5 7 df v g gf e r dfkf lsdk dslsdklsdk Report Start: xxxxxxdad asdffsdfsdfsdfasfasdffasdf sadfasdfsadffsfsdf Report End. sdfasdfasdf sdfasfdasdfasdfasdfasdf sadfasdfsdf I need to grab from Report Start... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing value from file and run command in ``

Hi ALL, How can I make a script take data from a file and execute the commands within `` in the file n put that that in a variable? for i in `cat file` do file=`grep -i key file` cp ${file} test done file /tmp/`date +y`log /tmp/unix`date +y`log (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3junior
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies
glutExtensionSupported(3GLUT)					       GLUT					     glutExtensionSupported(3GLUT)

NAME
glutExtensionSupported - helps to easily determine whether a given OpenGL extension is supported. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> int glutExtensionSupported(char *extension); ARGUMENTS
extension Name of OpenGL extension. DESCRIPTION
glutExtensionSupported helps to easily determine whether a given OpenGL extension is supported or not. The extension parameter names the extension to query. The supported extensions can also be determined with glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS), but glutExtensionSupported does the correct parsing of the returned string. glutExtensionSupported returns non-zero if the extension is supported, zero if not supported. There must be a valid current window to call glutExtensionSupported. glutExtensionSupported only returns information about OpenGL extensions only. This means window system dependent extensions (for example, GLX extensions) are not reported by glutExtensionSupported. EXAMPLE
Here is an example of using glutExtensionSupported: if (!glutExtensionSupported("GL_EXT_texture")) { fprintf(stderr, "Missing the texture extension! "); exit(1); } Notice that the name argument includes both the GL prefix and the extension family prefix (EXT). SEE ALSO
glutGet, glGetString AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutExtensionSupported(3GLUT)