Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl script for file processing Post 302177814 by matrixmadhan on Sunday 23rd of March 2008 02:44:15 PM
Old 03-23-2008
try this,

Code:
#! /opt/third-party/bin/perl

open(FILE, "<", $ARGV[0]) || die ("unable to open <$!>\n");

while( read(FILE, $data, 1) == 1 ) {
  $ordVal = ord($data);
  print "$ordVal"  if( $ordVal >= 32 && $ordVal <= 126 );
}

close(FILE);

exit(0);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File processing on perl

Hey everyone ... I wanted to process the contents of a file, as in modify its contents. whats the best way to do it on perl? In more detail I hav to go through the contents of the file, match patterns n then modify the contents of the same file depending on the matching results. Any help is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, perl Script for processing a single line text file

I need a script to process a huge single line text file: The sample of the text is: "forward_inline_item": "Inline", "options_region_Australia": "Australia", "server_event_err_msg": "There was an error attempting to save", "Token": "Yes", "family": "Family","pwd_login_tab": "Enter Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmsadiq
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script needed for Processing CSV file perl

I am new to perl, and need a script to pull a CSV file, strip out 2 leading columns, and 2 ending columns, and resave the file in a new location. The file is basic and has less than 10,000 records. Secondly, can I schedule perl scripts to run daily? Can someone provide the basic script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobbjob
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing a file in perl

Qspace ABC Queue doCol: true Queue order: fifo Queue setCol: red Queue order: fifo Qspace XYZ Queue getCol: true Queue order: fifo I need to append every line in this file with Qspace & Queue, so that final o/p shall look like this, Qspace: ABC Queue: doCol Qspace: ABC Queue: doCol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl file processing

I have an input array like : "SVR1" GRP="EVT_BOX06B" SRID=100 MIN=2 "SVR1" GRP="EVT_BOX06B" SRID=200 MIN=1 "SVR2" GRP="ADM_BOX06B" SRID=100 MIN=1 "SVR1" GRP="EVT_BOX88B" SRID=100 MIN=2 "SVR1" GRP="EVT_BOX88B" SRID=200 MIN=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script processing error

open(IN,"input_file") or die "Can't open Input file.\n"; while (<IN>) { chomp; $line = $_; if($line != '') { print "\nprocessing $line\n"; $size = 0; $hrid = $line; @project_id_array = null; $size = @project_id_array;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
3 Replies

7. Programming

help me with perl script xml processing

Hi everyone, I have Xml files in a folder, I need to extract some attribute values form xml files and store in a hash. My xml file look like this. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Servicelist xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavani reddy
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl problem in processing excel file

Dear all, I got a perl script to write some data into an excel file using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser. After that I find all formulas in the excel file are gone. Does any body encounter this problem or have any work around? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldonlck
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script required for processing the data

I have following result.log file (always has 2 lines) which I need to process, cat result.log name.cmd.method,"result","abc","xyz"; name="hello,mine.12345,"&"tree"&" xyz "&" tree "&" xyz", data="way,"&" 1"&"rate-me"&"1"&"rate-me",str="",ret=""; now I need to extract the strings/data as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlDiva
4 Replies

10. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies
FindBin(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      FindBin(3pm)

NAME
FindBin - Locate directory of original perl script SYNOPSIS
use FindBin; use lib "$FindBin::Bin/../lib"; or use FindBin qw($Bin); use lib "$Bin/../lib"; DESCRIPTION
Locates the full path to the script bin directory to allow the use of paths relative to the bin directory. This allows a user to setup a directory tree for some software with directories "<root>/bin" and "<root>/lib", and then the above example will allow the use of modules in the lib directory without knowing where the software tree is installed. If perl is invoked using the -e option or the perl script is read from "STDIN" then FindBin sets both $Bin and $RealBin to the current directory. EXPORTABLE VARIABLES
$Bin - path to bin directory from where script was invoked $Script - basename of script from which perl was invoked $RealBin - $Bin with all links resolved $RealScript - $Script with all links resolved KNOWN ISSUES
If there are two modules using "FindBin" from different directories under the same interpreter, this won't work. Since "FindBin" uses a "BEGIN" block, it'll be executed only once, and only the first caller will get it right. This is a problem under mod_perl and other persistent Perl environments, where you shouldn't use this module. Which also means that you should avoid using "FindBin" in modules that you plan to put on CPAN. To make sure that "FindBin" will work is to call the "again" function: use FindBin; FindBin::again(); # or FindBin->again; In former versions of FindBin there was no "again" function. The workaround was to force the "BEGIN" block to be executed again: delete $INC{'FindBin.pm'}; require FindBin; AUTHORS
FindBin is supported as part of the core perl distribution. Please send bug reports to <perlbug@perl.org> using the perlbug program included with perl. Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Nick Ing-Simmons <nik@tiuk.ti.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995 Graham Barr & Nick Ing-Simmons. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 FindBin(3pm)