Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Volume Groups and the SAN
Operating Systems AIX Volume Groups and the SAN Post 302176966 by bakunin on Wednesday 19th of March 2008 06:28:41 PM
Old 03-19-2008
To be honest: i have no idea. You might not want to hear that but: the problem sounds interesting. ;-))

Could you please post some information about the VG. What does the output of "lsvg", "lspv" etc., look like? If you export the VG are there any residues in the ODM?

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

2. Linux

Howto clone/migrate a volume in the SAN

Dear Srs, I have a Linux server (linux01) booting from SAN with a volume in a Nexsan SATAbeast storage array (san01). The disk/volume has four ext3 partitions, total size is near to 400GB, but only 20-30GB are in use. I need to move this disk/volume to another Nexsan SATAbeast storage array... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

how to mount SAN volume with its increased size

Hi, We have 200GB SAN volume mounted on Redhat EL 5. which is working fine. As my SAN supports dynamic resizing of volumes, i unmounted the volume and resized the SAN Volume to 300 GB successfully. Then i mounted again but it shows 200GB only but data is intact. Now, my requirement is to let... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Ldom OS on SAN based zfs volume

Is it possible to use zvol from SAN LUN to install LDOM OS ? I 'm using following VDS from my service domain VDS NAME LDOM VOLUME DEVICE primary-vds0 primary iso sol-10-u6-ga1-sparc-dvd.iso cdrom ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

volume groups

Do we have concepts of volume groups in solaris like we have in Linux(command: vgdiplay) and AIX(command: lsvg). If yes, then what commands/ files can give details for same. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: epriya2003
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Volume groups

Do we have concepts of volume groups in solaris like we have in Linux(command: vgdiplay) and AIX(command: lsvg). If yes, then what commands/ files can give details for same. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: epriya2003
5 Replies

7. AIX

hdisk status in sdd volume groups

hi all we recently upgraded our san switches. after that, i found i got many hdisks showing in lsdev with status "Defined" and "Available". the number of "Defined" is equal to "Available". the time stamp shows all "Available" disks created at our downtime night. "datapath query device"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rs6000er
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Volume group not activated at boot after SAN migration

I have an IBM blade running RHEL 5.4 server, connected to two Hitachi SANs using common fibre cards & Brocade switches. It has two volume groups made from old SAN LUNs. The old SAN needs to be retired so we allocated LUNs from the new SAN, discovered the LUNs as multipath disks (4 paths) and grew... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
RPLAY(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RPLAY(1)

NAME
rplay - play, pause, continue, and stop sounds SYNOPSIS
rplay [options] [sound ...] DESCRIPTION
rplay is client that communicates with rplayd to play, pause, continue, and stop sounds using both the RPLAY and RPTP protocols. Sound files can be played by rplayd directly if available on the local system or sounds can be sent over the network using UDP or TCP/IP. rplay will attempt to determine whether or not the server has the sound before using the network. OPTIONS
-b BYTES, --buffer-size=BYTES Use of a buffer size of BYTES when playing sounds using RPTP flows. The default is 8K. -c, --continue Continue sounds. -n N, --count=N Number of times to play the sound, default = 1. -N N, --list-count=N Number of times to play all the sounds, default = 1. --list-name=NAME Name this list NAME. rplayd appends sounds with the same NAME into the same sound list -- it plays them sequentially. --help Display helpful information. -h HOST, --host=HOST, --hosts=HOST Specify the rplay host, default = localhost. -i INFO, --info=INFO Audio information for a sound file. This option is intended to be used when sounds are read from standard input. INFO must be of the form: `format,sample-rate,bits,channels,byte-order,offset' Examples: ulaw,8000,8,1,big-endian,0 gsm,8000 Shorthand info is provided for Sun's audio devices using the following options: --info-amd, --info-dbri, --info-cs4231. There's also: --info-ulaw and --info-gsm. -p, --pause Pause sounds. --port=PORT Use PORT instead of the default RPLAY/UDP or RPTP/TCP port. -P N, --priority=N Play sounds at priority N (0 <= N <= 255), default = 0. -r, --random Randomly choose one of the given sounds. --reset Tell the server to reset itself. --rplay, --RPLAY Force the use of the RPLAY protocol. The default protocol to be used is determined by checking whether or not the server has local access to the specified sounds. RPLAY is used when sounds are accessible, otherwise RPTP and possibly flows are used. RPLAY will also be used when sound accessibility cannot be determined. --rptp, --RPTP Force the use of the RPTP protocol. See `--rplay' for more information about protocols. -R N, --sample-rate=N Play sounds at sample rate N, default = 0. -s, --stop Stop sounds. --version Print the rplay version and exit. -v N, --volume=N Play sounds at volume N (0 <= N <= 255), default = 127. SEE ALSO
rplayd(8), rptp(1) 6/29/98 RPLAY(1)