Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract multiple sections of file Post 302176699 by faltooweb on Wednesday 19th of March 2008 12:47:44 AM
Old 03-19-2008
extract multiple sections of file

#-- Use ST values as output filename.
awk -v out="/dev/null" '
/^ST/ {gsub("\\*","-",$0); out=$0".txt"}
/^SE/ { close(out) }
{ printf "%s\n",$0 >> out }
' $INFILE

Output will be
ST-810-0001.txt
so on ...

-Ramesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handle Configuration File with same name of Parameter in multiple Sections

Hi I have a config file with multiple section and a parameter with the same name in each section. I need to read each parameter for distinct section. Parameter = 1 .... Parameter = 2 .... Parameter = 4 .... Tried this: grep -m1 '^*ProcessorsNumber' ServiceBrokerFramework.cfg |... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extract multiple sections of a file

I have a file that I need to parse multiple sections from the file. The file contains multiple lines that start with ST (Abunch of data) Then the file contains multiple lines that start with SE (Abunch of data) SE*30*0001 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rgentis
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple repeated data from a text file

Hi, I need to extract data from a text file in which data has a pattern. I need to extract all repeated pattern and then save it to different files. example: input is: ST*867*000352214 BPT*00*1000352214*090311 SE*1*1 ST*867*000352215 BPT*00*1000352214*090311 SE*1*2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to edit file sections that cross multiple lines?

Hello, I'm wondering where I could go to learn how to edit file sections that cross multiple lines. I'm wanting to write scripts that will add Gnome menu entries for all users on a system for scripts I write, etc. I can search an replace simple examples with sed, but this seems more complex. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help please, extract multiple lines from a text file

Hi all, I need to extract lines between the lines 'RD' and 'QA' from a text file (following). there are more that one of such pattern in the file and I need to extract all of them. however, the number of lines between them is varied in the file. Therefore, I can not just use 'grep -A' command.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnshembb
6 Replies

6. Programming

extract different sections of a file

Hi All, I have a file with the data 10;20;30;40;50;60;70;80;123;145;156;345. the output i want is the first fourth sixth elements and everything from there on. How do i achieve this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from multiple lines into one file -

input file Desired csv output gc_type, date/time, milli secs af, Mar 17 13:09:04 2011, 144.596 af, Mar 20 00:37:37 2011, 144.242 af, ar 20 21:30:59 2011, 108.518 Hi All, Any help in acheiving the above would be appreciated. I would like to parse through lines within one file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.vampire
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from multiple lines into one csv file

Hi all, Please go through my requirement. I have a log file in the location /opt/WebSphere61/AppServer/profiles/EMQbatchprofile/logs/EMQbatch This file contains the follwing pattern data <af type="tenured" id="42" timestamp="May 14 13:44:13 2011" intervalms="955.624"> <minimum... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.vampire
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a pattern from multiple lines in a file

I have a file that has some lines starts with * I want to get these lines, then get the word between "diac" and "lex". ex. file: ;;WORD AlAx *0.942490 diac:Al>ax lex:>ax_1 bw:Al/DET+>ax/NOUN+ gloss:brother pos:noun prc3:0 prc2:0 prc1:0 prc0:Al_det per:na asp:na vox:na mod:na gen:m num:s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viernes
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract certain sections of a line

I have a log that looks like below sc.mng_10_Err.20131020_000000.log:NCSSC_MNG_UP_PE_TO_BE : Failed to change dvc_trx_sts from PE to BE for srvtrx: 213323141427349 dvcsfx: 1 sc.mng_4_Err.20131020_000000.log:NCSSC_MNG_UP_PE_TO_BE : Failed to change dvc_trx_sts from PE to BE for srvtrx:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senormarquez
6 Replies
FSCK.CRAMFS(8)						       System Administration						    FSCK.CRAMFS(8)

NAME
fsck.cramfs - fsck compressed ROM file system SYNOPSIS
fsck.cramfs [options] file DESCRIPTION
fsck.cramfs is used to check the cramfs file system. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Enable verbose messaging. -b, --blocksize blocksize Use this blocksize, defaults to page size. Must be equal to what was set at creation time. Only used for --extract. --extract[=directory] Test to uncompress the whole file system. Optionally extract contents of the file to directory. -a This option is silently ignored. -y This option is silently ignored. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXIT STATUS
0 success 4 file system was left uncorrected 8 operation error, such as unable to allocate memory 16 usage information was printed SEE ALSO
mount(8), mkfs.cramfs(8) AVAILABILITY
The example command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux April 2013 FSCK.CRAMFS(8)