Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: making an iso file...
Operating Systems SCO making an iso file... Post 302173874 by asafronit on Saturday 8th of March 2008 04:44:10 PM
Old 03-08-2008
mkisofs

been trying to find a rilaible link to your sugested software..
with no luck..
can you link me pls to a sco version of the software?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Edit an ISO / dd file?

Just trying to come up with a solution to something I'm trying... Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the contents of an ISO image? Or a file created using the dd command? What am I trying to do? - Well, I had the idea that if I took the FreeBSD "mini.iso" - I could strip out the bits... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
4 Replies

2. BSD

making OpenBSD ISO's for the sparc

i'm lookin to make a sparc 2 an open bsd box. i know that everyone is encouraged to buy the ISO's, but i rather try before I buy here. this is what i did with FreeBSD, now I buy all their stuff... i've scoured the net on how to make an ISO, but I can't find a damn thing of use to me. does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ISO file creation -- procedure

Hi All, Am creating ISO file for same directory two times and both has different md5sum, Why does it so ?! Am pretty sure that, there is no change in that directory between the ISO creations, So what could be issue ? Or is there any misunderstanding in the process. mkisofs -J -R... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Install Solaris 10 by using the ISO file

Hi Gurus Recently i had download the ISO installer (sol-10-u8-ga-sparc-dvd.iso) for Solaris 10. And i ftp to a Server. May i know is it possible to install the Solaris by using this ISO file directly (not using network)? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to modify an iso image file

Hi, I'm trying to create a customized debian installer on a USB key. I found a tutorial on how to create the usb key. After the USB key is prepared, all you have to do is to copy the iso file to the stick. So what I need to do now is to be able to modify the content of the iso file before... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone, Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
5 Replies

7. Boot Loaders

Is Unetbootin capable of making any iso file bootable

1)It is a great experience to achieve what I got today. I had downloaded GParted iso file (135 MB size). Now to make a bootable usb of it, I used unetbootin and to surprise I succeded in entering Gparted application and modified my partitions. Earlier I was in a notion that it is used only for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
0 Replies

8. Boot Loaders

Where to get windows 7 iso file of repair?

I need to make a bootable usb of windows 7 repair disc iso file so that I can use it in case my system doesn't boot up. On net I am getting complete windows 7 OS iso but I need only the repair disc for making bootable iso. I am not sure whether I used right word by using the word disc here... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

.ISO file extension

I am hoping that someone will give me information on opening and installing Ubuntu to run beside Windows 7 on my computer. I downloaded Ubuntu-14.04-desktop-i386, but it came as an .ISO file, and I have no idea how to open it to install it. Please Help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnBaxter
7 Replies
dds-dd(1)						      General Commands Manual							 dds-dd(1)

NAME
dds-dd - tool to read a dds device. SYNOPSIS
dds-dd [ -f device ] DESCRIPTION
dds-dd reads a dds tape devices (DAT). Every block is read and written to stdout. A tape with unknown block size or blocks of different size can be read. The default device is /dev/rmt0, which may be overridden with the environment variable TAPE, which in turn may be overridden with the -f device option. The device must be a character special file. OPTIONS
-f device Device of the tape archive (default is /dev/rmt0). Must be a character special file connected to a dds tape device. -V,--version Print the version number of mt-dds to stderr and exit immediately. --help print some screens of online help with examples through a pager and exit immediately. EXAMPLES
Example: Read the tape and make a listing: dds-dd | tar ft - Example: Read the tape and make a listing: dds-dd | cpio -it ENVIRONMENT
The environment variable TAPE overrides the default tape device /dev/rmt0. SEE ALSO dds2tar(1), dds2index(1), mt(1), tar(1) HISTORY
This program was created to use it in conjunction with dds2tar. AUTHOR
J"org Weule (weule@cs.uni-duesseldorf.de), Phone +49 211 751409. This software is available at ftp.uni-duesseldorf.de:/pub/unix/apollo 2.4 dds-dd(1)