Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Network interface not found ? Post 302172361 by pupp on Monday 3rd of March 2008 01:48:00 PM
Old 03-03-2008
see if you can get a list of attached devices under prtconf or /etc/path_to_inst. off the top of my head i don't exactly remember which will give you better output. but you'll probably see bge0, ce0 and so on. try and plumb the device if you can find it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Interface

Hi ! Does anyone know how can i get information about my network interface ... if it works in half or full duplex mode !! Thx in adivance ! Witt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
4 Replies

2. Solaris

No network interface detected

Hi all, I just install solaris10 at home to learn b4 taking the sun courses. Can't get the internet on my IntelPC. I'm using cable thru SMC ezcard 10/100. I ran ifconfig -a and it only shows lo0. No hme0. Pls help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: maag
9 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10 Interface not found:NIC

Hi Gurus Im a fresher and im working.I installed solaris 10 on my windows PC(dual boot) but im not able plumb my interface..everytime i use ifconfig command and tried different interfaces like eri0,ce0 etc but its displaying that interface not found.I know that there is some problem with... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network interface goes down intermittently

Hi all, I'm using an HP Proliant server with double NIC and Debian 5 (Lenny) as its OS. I used link bonding on it for several years with no problem. Today, (now only one interface connected to switch) the interface went down. I restarted networking service (/etc/init.d/networking restart) and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
7 Replies

5. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Network interface-

Hello, Please what's the difference between: AND Thank you so much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

network interface -

Hello, Please, how can i create a network interface with a routable IP address on linux (ubuntu) ? AND How can i desactivate an interface? Thank you so much for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

9. Solaris

No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running

I've one Netra 240 After changing main board and system configuration card reader, Network is not accessible any more, Network interfaces are always UP and Running even when there is no cable connected to Network interfaces. I tried to restart and plumb/unplumb with no luck. ifconfig -a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
path_to_inst(4) 						   File Formats 						   path_to_inst(4)

NAME
path_to_inst - device instance number file SYNOPSIS
/etc/path_to_inst DESCRIPTION
/etc/path_to_inst records mappings of physical device names to instance numbers. The instance number of a device is encoded in its minor number, and is the way that a device driver determines which of the possible devices that it may drive is referred to by a given special file. In order to keep instance numbers persistent across reboots, the system records them in /etc/path_to_inst. This file is read only at boot time, and is updated by add_drv(1M) and drvconfig(1M). Note that it is generally not necessary for the system administrator to change this file, as the system will maintain it. The system administrator can change the assignment of instance numbers by editing this file and doing a reconfiguration reboot. However, any changes made in this file will be lost if add_drv(1M) or drvconfig(1M) is run before the system is rebooted. Each instance entry is a single line of the form: "physical name" instance number "driver binding name" where physical name is the absolute physical pathname of a device. This pathname must be enclosed in double quotes. instance number is a decimal or hexadecimal number. driver binding name is the name used to determine the driver for the device. This name may be a driver alias or a driver name. The driver binding name must be enclosed in double quotes. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample path_to_inst Entries Here are some sample path_to_inst entries: "/iommu@f,e0000000" 0 "iommu" "/iommu@f,e0000000/sbus@f,e0001000" 0 "sbus" "/iommu@f,e0000000/sbus@f,e0001000/sbusmem@e,0" 14 "sbusmem" "/iommu@f,e0000000/sbus@f,e0001000/sbusmem@f,0" 15 "sbusmem" "/iommu@f,e0000000/sbus@f,e0001000/ledma@f,400010" 0 "ledma" "/obio/serial@0,100000" 0 "zs" "/SUNW,sx@f,80000000" 0 "SUNW,sx" FILES
/etc/path_to_inst SEE ALSO
add_drv(1M), boot(1M), drvconfig(1M), mknod(1M) WARNINGS
If the file is removed the system may not be bootable (as it may rely on information found in this file to find the root, usr or swap device). If it does successfully boot, it will regenerate the file, but after rebooting devices may end up having different minor numbers than they did before, and special files created via mknod(1M) may refer to different devices than expected. For the same reasons, changes should not be made to this file without careful consideration. NOTES
This document does not constitute an API. path_to_inst may not exist or may have a different content or interpretation in a future release. The existence of this notice does not imply that any other documentation that lacks this notice constitutes an API. SunOS 5.10 2 Nov 1995 path_to_inst(4)