Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: convert to GB
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting convert to GB Post 302172341 by Franklin52 on Monday 3rd of March 2008 12:05:44 PM
Old 03-03-2008
If the printf statement rounding is "unbiased" (system dependent) which means it doesn't round a trailing 0.5 up you can just add 0.5 to the result:

Code:
awk '{printf("Swap Space: %d\n", $4*512/(1024*1024*1024)+0.5)}' file

To verify weather printf is rounding biased or not you can try this:

Code:
awk 'BEGIN{printf("%d\n", 15.9)}'

Regards

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-03-2008 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: linguistic correction

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert

Hi, I have a source file with 'Aug 1 2004' kind format. I need to search the records with certain period, like from Aug 1 2004 to Sep 20 2004. Can someone give me some ideas what I should start with? ThanX !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert database

We use the MS access database, I want to convert the database to mysql db , could suggest is there any tools / methods that I can export the table and data from access , and import it to the new mysql db ? thx in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

here-doc convert 2 script convert to single script?

I have my main script calling another script to retrive a "ls -alt" of a directory that's located in a remote location I'm sftping into. main.sh #!/bin/ksh getLS.sh > output.txt getLS.sh #!/bin/sh /home<..>/sftp <host@ip> <<! cd /some/dir/Log ls -alt quit ! Basically I'd like to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

4. Programming

convert without using strtol

Hi I need help with some function. I have to fetch data from stdin without using of scanf() (I have to use getc or getchar) and then each sign I want to convert to another sign - here I can't use function strtol :( . In the end i want to print this string to stdout without using of function printf... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BMW750LIuser
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to convert

how to convert this perl expression to Python while (<FIL>) { s/+/ /g; if (/<DOC\s+doc_ID=\"(.*?)\".*sys_ID=\"(.*?)\"/i) { #" ${$$hashptr{$sys_Id}}{$doc_Id} = $docstr; # push(@$doclistptr, $doc_Id); $doc_Id = $1; $sys_Id = $2; $docstr = ""; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert e+ to number

Hi, I am using awk to get particular dates in seconds and the output am getting is like 1.28071e+09. How can I convert it to number format. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance..! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date

If I pass the value in the form YYYY/MM/DD(20100719) how to convert in the form 19\/Jul\/2010 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert / to \

Hi, In my input variable values are c:/test/sample/ I need to convert it to c:\test\sample I need to find and replace it How do I do it? var_conversion=`"$var_SearchFile" | sed 's/'\'/'/'/g'` echo ${var_conversion%/*} My code throws error (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: magesh_bala
4 Replies

9. Linux

Convert .sh to .bat please

Can someone translate this code to .bat for me? I have no clue. #!/bin/sh WAS_HOME="/opt/websphere/appserver/profiles/AppSrv01" WAS_APP_SERVER="server1" WAS_PROFILE_NAME="AppSrv01" echo "Stopping App Server" "${WAS_HOME}/bin/stopServer.sh" -profileName $WAS_PROFILE_NAME $WAS_APP_SERVER... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blogger11
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert

my file or content of the file looks like this: HR-BUSPARTNET SC-POINQUIRY BATCH FIN-CHOPDATARESTRICT HR-DATABASEACCESSNOEXEC GL-EXTINQ RSS SC-APPROVER ESS all said and done, i'd like to have it look like this: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
6 Replies
IO::Async::PID(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       IO::Async::PID(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::PID" - event callback on exit of a child process SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::PID; use POSIX qw( WEXITSTATUS ); use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $kid = $loop->fork( code => sub { print "Child sleeping.. "; sleep 10; print "Child exiting "; return 20; }, ); print "Child process $kid started "; my $pid = IO::Async::PID->new( pid => $kid, on_exit => sub { my ( $self, $exitcode ) = @_; printf "Child process %d exited with status %d ", $self->pid, WEXITSTATUS($exitcode); }, ); $loop->add( $pid ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a process exits. For most use cases, a IO::Async::Process object provides more control of setting up the process, connecting filehandles to it, sending data to and receiving data from it. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_exit $exitcode Invoked when the watched process exits. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": pid => INT The process ID to watch. Must be given before the object has been added to the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. on_exit => CODE CODE reference for the "on_exit" event. Once the "on_exit" continuation has been invoked, the "IO::Async::PID" object is removed from the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. METHODS
$process_id = $pid->pid Returns the underlying process ID $pid->kill( $signal ) Sends a signal to the process AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::PID(3pm)