Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Courier IMAP to Dovecot Migration Post 302172172 by tmm on Monday 3rd of March 2008 12:47:28 AM
Old 03-03-2008
Courier IMAP to Dovecot Migration

Hi, I have done a very stupid thing. I have migrated from Courier IMAP and POP to Dovecot without reading about the migration process. ( I resolve not to repeat it again).
Now it has been 2 weeks. Webmail seems to work fine. I have problems with POP3.
POP3 clients don't remove messages from the server, and there are multiple download problems.
I just want to know, whether its now too late to do the migration of the index and control file used by Courier?

Thanks in advance.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

courier-imap auth problem

Hi, My box is freeBSD6 and I've installed courier-imap and I want to authenticate the clients against /etc/passwd file. Inside the configuration file: /usr/local/etc/courier-imap/pop3d I've not these lines : Why? AUTHMODULES="authdaemon" AUTHMODULES_ORIG="authdaemon" Nevertheless I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
5 Replies

2. BSD

Courier-IMAP 4.1

I will be using postfix and courier-imap version 4.1. I never configured courier-imap. What configurations files do I have to configure and how do I start courier-imap. There isn't a authdaemonrc file in the courier-imap directorry. The files that are listed are imapd imap-ssl.dist... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Courier-IMAP 4.1

I am running Freebsd 6.1, Postfix 2.2, and Courier-IMAP 4.1 I can telnet to port 143 I can't connect to IMAP server using microsoft outlook or any client. The authdaemon is running and working correctly I did netstat -an | grep -i list and it shows port 143 bound to the localhost 127.0.0.1. I can... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Courier-IMAP

I am running Unbuntu Server. I have installed postfix and courie-imap. I cant seem to be able to login using imap. Login failed. I can telnet using imap. I have a valid user. Authdaemonrc is running using authpam which is the default. I am running atmail webclient. What else do I need to check? (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Courier (authlib) and vacation

Hello, I want to use vacation autoreply with courier userdb Users is in "/etc/courier/userdb" I search on forum but dont find anything about (only found for local and mysql user) How to configure an user to use vacation (or other stuff) to make autoreply with userdb ? Plateform :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: safsound
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Courier-IMap

I am running postfix, courier-imap and Atmail Webmail client. I can telnet to port 143 I can send mail from the command line using the mail command to the user. When I try to login through webmail using the atmail client nothing happens. I check the the maillog and it shows the localhost address... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies
COURIERPOP3D(8) 					      Double Precision, Inc.						   COURIERPOP3D(8)

NAME
courierpop3d - The Courier POP3 server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/couriertcpd {-nodnslookup} {-stderr=syslog} {110} {/usr/lib/courier/courier/courierpop3login} [modules...] {/usr/lib/courier/courier/courierpop3d} {./Maildir} DESCRIPTION
This is a simple POP3 server for Maildirs. Note The couriertcpd, courierpop3login, and courierpop3d modules may be installed elsewhere than indicated here. courierpop3login is usually started by couriertcpd. It already expects that a POP3 client is connected to standard input and output, presumably via a network socket. courierpop3login reads the POP3 userid and password, then runs the authentication modules. The remaining arguments are passed along as arguments to modules. modules is one or more authentication modules (see the authlib(7)[1] manual page). Each authentication modules runs the program specified by its first argument, allowing the authentication modules to be chained. The last program in the chain is courierpop3d , which provides the actual POP3 service. In accordance with the authentication protocol, as described in authlib(7)[1] courierpop3d reads file descriptor 3 to see if the userid/password has been succesfully validated. If not, courierpop3d terminates. Otherwise, courierpop3d expects to be already running under the appropriate user and group id, with its current directory set to the account's home directory. The first order of business is to find the account's Maildir. If the environment variable MAILDIR is set, that's where we go. That should be the pathname to the account's Maildir. The environment variable MAILDIR may be set by the authentication module. If MAILDIR is not set, courierpop3d uses its first argument. Usually, the default maildir is $HOME/Maildir, therefore the first argument to courierpop3d is "./Maildir". SEE ALSO
authlib(7)[1], userdb(8)[2]. AUTHOR
Sam Varshavchik Author NOTES
1. authlib(7) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/authlib.html 2. userdb(8) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/userdb.html Courier Mail Server 04/04/2011 COURIERPOP3D(8)