Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ssh commands in ksh question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ssh commands in ksh question Post 302171773 by pdtak on Friday 29th of February 2008 01:07:01 PM
Old 02-29-2008
ssh commands in ksh question

Is there a way to shorten these commands? because this script asks for a password 3 times

scp -p /usr/local/bin/${script_name} ${servername$iy]}://usr/local/bin/
ssh ${servernames[$iy]} /usr/local/bin/${script_name}
ssh ${servernames[$iy]} rm -f /usr/local/bin/${script_name}

Basically, I'm creating a script within a script, pushing it out to a server, execute it, and then removing it.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh GUI commands

I have a few scripts that i would like to make into GUI's. Are there scripting commands to make GUI's if so where can i get the list of commands and what they do or if anyone has an example of it. Anything will help, thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daltonkf
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh substring commands

I am trying to get various portions of strings in my script, but am getting a substitution error. I followed the syntax that was described when I goggled this, but I can't get anything to work. #! /bin/ksh/ hello="adklafk;afak" #hello=${hello:3} hello=${$hello:3} happy="hey" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anderssl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh and commands

can someone point me to where it explains how to set the right commands wd ssh? cat something | while read h; do awk 'BEGIN {FS="\n"; RS=""; ORS="\n\n"} {if ($0~/'$h'/) print hdrvar,"\n",$0 }' /something/somedata ; done above works in when ssh'ing into linux machine invoke like this ssh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Better KSH commands

Are there any documents available for checking the execution time taken by ksh commands? My requirement is to fine tune a set of shell scripts having lot of "echos" and "date"s. Is there a better replacement for the below code?. echo "ABC process started on `date`" some code.. echo... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash commands to an 'ssh' within an ssh'

I've struggled to find a solution to this problem from searching so I thought I'd write a post to see what can be done. I'm attempting to connect and run commands on 'server2' but because of security limitations I cannot access it directly. I can however ssh into 'server1' and then into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcintosh.jamie
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling commands with ksh

Hi, I am not able to run below command on linux, it however works on solaris. If anyone knows the reason and a solution for it can you please let me know ? Linux ----- $> ksh 'echo hi' ksh: echo hi: No such file or directory $> which ksh /usr/bin/ksh Solaris ------ $> ksh 'echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnaux
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED sub commands in KSH not working for me

I am using SED to edit a file (called file) the file contains the word "ERROR" and I want to use SED to: 1. Search for text "ERROR" If found, 2. Append new line with text "hoi" I tried: sed 's/ERROR/ a\hoi' file sed 's/ERROR/ a\ hoi' file I get all the time the error sed:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex400
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential execution of commands in ksh

I need to run few commands in a ksh script sequentially. Some of the commands are jobs submitted to the server and the consecutive commands are dependent on the completion of the jobs submitted to the server. It works if i separate the commands into different files like this #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashob123
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh with Oracle commands

works fine. echo "Deleting CHOPOne Coreaccess from LAUA..." $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password@servername << ! delete from usergrpdtl where username='acker'; commit; ! but not working with "if statement" even $TMPDIR/adlogin.log exists and greater than 0. if then ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
9 Replies
ptree(1)																  ptree(1)

NAME
ptree - print process trees SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/ptree [-a] [-c] [-z zone] [pid | user] ... ptree prints the process trees containing the specified pids or users, with child processes indented from their respective parent pro- cesses. An argument of all digits is taken to be a process-id, otherwise it is assumed to be a user login name. The default is all pro- cesses. The following options are supported: -a All. Print all processes, including children of process 0. -c Contracts. Print process contract memberships in addition to parent-child relationships. See process(4). This option implies the -a option. -z zone Zones. Print only processes in the specified zone. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. This option is only useful when executed in the global zone. The following operands are supported: pid Process-id or a list of process-ids. ptree also accepts /proc/nnn as a process-id, so the shell expansion /proc/* can be used to specify all processes in the system. user Username or list of usernames. Processes whose effective user IDs match those given are displayed. Example 1: Using ptree The following example prints the process tree (including children of process 0) for processes which match the command name ssh: $ ptree -a `pgrep ssh` 1 /sbin/init 100909 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569150 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569157 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569159 -ksh 569171 bash 569173 /bin/ksh 569193 bash The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. non-zero An error has occurred. /proc/* process files See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The human readable output is Unstable. The options are Evolving. gcore(1), ldd(1), pargs(1), pgrep(1), pkill(1), plimit(1), pmap(1), preap(1), proc(1), ps(1), ppgsz(1), pwd(1), rlogin(1), time(1), truss(1), wait(1), fcntl(2), fstat(2), setuid(2), dlopen(3C), signal.h(3HEAD), core(4), proc(4), process(4), attributes(5), zones(5) 11 Oct 2005 ptree(1)