Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: key detection in a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting key detection in a script Post 302171720 by adderek on Friday 29th of February 2008 09:09:39 AM
Old 02-29-2008
As for the second part of your question enoch99:
Try this one:

#!/bin/sh
script content

if you execute this (./scriptname) and it is executable, then it should be executed using #!/bin/sh

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pressing backspace key simulates enter key

Hi, Whenever i press the backspace key, a new line appears, i.e. it works like a enter key. :confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simple intrusion detection script

If you have a very static Linux server and you want to make sure it's not messed with, here's a simple script that will tell you if any files have been tampered with. It's not as fancy or as secure as tripwire or those others, but it is very simple. It can be easily adapted to any *NIX OS. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backspace Key From Within Script

I have a script that asks a user for a few question. I would like the users to be able to use the backspace key if they make a mistake. Right now when they try they get ^? instead of it backing up. As you can see here from a stty -a the backspace is set... speed 38400 baud; rows = 42;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File detection then run script

I am currently running 4 scripts to complete a job for me. Each script requires the finished file of the one before it. For example the first script gets the finished file called model.x, then i would like script2 to start in and use model.x as the input and get model_min.x as the finished... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need bash script Intrusion Detection on Linux

Hello all I have a script but I failed on the creation of Script is any is carried out in the shell sends the owner of the server, the message is has been implemented For example, functioned as a detection system intruders but in smaller Is it possible to help if you allow I want the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-zer0
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh public key authentication issue - Server refused our key

Hi, I've used the following way to set ssh public key authentication and it is working fine on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux servers without any problem. But I got error 'Server refused our key' on Solaris 8 system. Solaris 8 uses SSH2 too. Why? Please help. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

7. Programming

Parallel Processing Detection and Program Return Value Detection

Hey, for the purpose of a research project I need to know if a specific type of parallel processing is being utilized by any user-run programs. Is there a way to detect whether a program either returns a value to another program at the end of execution, or just utilizes any form of parallel... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azar.zorn
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies
DDB(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    DDB(8)

NAME
ddb -- configure DDB kernel debugger properties SYNOPSIS
ddb capture [-M -core] [-N -system] print ddb capture [-M -core] [-N -system] status ddb script scriptname ddb script scriptname=script ddb scripts ddb unscript scriptname ddb pathname DESCRIPTION
The ddb utility configures certain aspects of the ddb(4) kernel debugger from user space that are not configured at compile-time or easily via sysctl(8) MIB entries. To ease configuration, commands can be put in a file which is processed using ddb as shown in the last synopsis line. An absolute pathname must be used. The file will be read line by line and applied as arguments to the ddb utility. Whitespace at the beginning of lines will be ignored as will lines where the first non-whitespace character is '#'. OUTPUT CAPTURE
The ddb utility can be used to extract the contents of the ddb(4) output capture buffer of the current live kernel, or from the crash dump of a kernel on disk. The following debugger commands are available from the command line: capture [-M core] [-N system] print Print the current contents of the ddb(4) output capture buffer. capture [-M core] [-N system] status Print the current status of the ddb(4) output capture buffer. SCRIPTING
The ddb utility can be used to configure aspects of ddb(4) scripting from user space; scripting support is described in more detail in ddb(4). Each of the debugger commands is available from the command line: script scriptname Print the script named scriptname. script scriptname=script Define a script named scriptname. As many scripts contain characters interpreted in special ways by the shell, it is advisable to enclose script in quotes. scripts List currently defined scripts. unscript scriptname Delete the script named scriptname. EXIT STATUS
The ddb utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following example defines a script that will execute when the kernel debugger is entered as a result of a break signal: ddb script kdb.enter.break="show pcpu; bt" The following example will delete the script: ddb unscript kdb.enter.break For further examples, see the ddb(4) and textdump(4) manual pages. SEE ALSO
ddb(4), textdump(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The ddb utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. AUTHORS
Robert N M Watson BUGS
Ideally, ddb would not exist, as all pertinent aspects of ddb(4) could be configured directly via sysctl(8). BSD
December 24, 2008 BSD