Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: comparing 2 Solaris servers
Operating Systems Solaris comparing 2 Solaris servers Post 302171392 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 28th of February 2008 11:00:12 AM
Old 02-28-2008
yeah, but there is a link to:
System Administration Guide, Volume 1

this should clear out things...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing AIX and Solaris

Is Solaris still very hardware dependent? As in it is used mostly on SUN workstations and servers? What about IBM's AIX? Does it only work on IBM machines? Which is more popular and are there performance or usage differences? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CapsuleCorpJX
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 Solaris servers

hello I want to compare settings on 2 servers. 1] what is the command to ssh on servers and execute commands such as prtconf | grep Memory uname -a 2] Do you have a built-in script that executes this service? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Orcallator in solaris servers

Hi, Anybody know configuration/installation of orcalator (sic, orcallater) on unix environment? Please share any document on orcalator. If you have any procedure for orcalator please send me. Already i read orcaware configuration.but it is not configuring. Please do needful.It is very... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunreddy3
11 Replies

4. Solaris

Audit in Solaris Servers.

Hi Friends I am a Solaries newbie and I am looking out for a software or command or config that can capture all commands run by all users on a server on a daily basis. I believe that this Audit is being done in almost all enterprises and would like to know how the same is done there. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing directories on different unix servers

Is it possible to use the diff command to compare two directories on different Unix (AIX) servers? We have two regions set up and we want to be able to compare if the scripts directory in both regions contain the same files? I want to figure out if its possible.. Have been messing around by... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Virtual servers

Hi I need a script to run on a Solaris server to confirm if it is a physical server or a Virtual server please help Mandaken (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmacher
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing files names in directory over two servers

Hi folks I need to write a shell script to check whether source and the destination has the same files. The source and destination are over two servers and connecting through ssh. It should even compare the date i.e, the complete file name, date stamp and size should match. Should list out all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivia
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Backing up Solaris 10 servers

Got 5-6 Solaris 10 servers in remote location - power work being done. At the moment, we just back up the application database that these servers run with the idea that if it all goes wrong we can rebuild and then restore the application. However, requirement is to provide a complete backup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulfoel
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing file ownership/permission and content of files located on two different servers

Hi All, can some one suggest me a tool to compare file ownership/permission and contents of files located at two different unix servers? Thanks, Pranav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pranav Bhasker
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing time differences between 2 Solaris servers

Good day to all. I'm relatively new in using the Sun Solaris OS. I would like to request your expertise in helping to solve a problem that I have at work. Not sure if this has been asked before but I have tried searching through the internet to no avail. Basically I have 2 sun solaris... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fossil_84
8 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)