Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk with mulitple FS
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk with mulitple FS Post 302170504 by phamp008 on Monday 25th of February 2008 08:22:20 PM
Old 02-25-2008
awk with mulitple FS

Hi,

I would like to get 5th field from this output using FS[ %].

Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on
172.29.138.222:/vol/vol0 311936256 2565248 309371008 1% /tmp/test

My command is

df -kP | awk ' BEGIN { FS="[ %]" ; } { print $5 ; } '

For some reason it keeps return blank screen.

Would someone help me on this ?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing to mulitple printers

I want to send a single report from my application to mulitple printers with one command. I tried using a synomym and assigning it to different printers, but it stops when it finds the first hit. Has anyone done this at the unix level through printcap? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Mulitple files mutliple actions

Hi all, I have mistkanely gzipped twice an entire folder and sub folders, and also renamed the files during that process. I am trying to undo this, and I need help to create the batch to work on it. All folders are under my images directory, I have a output.txt file that holds all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saariko
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening Mulitple files using For loop in Perl

Hi All, I have a total of ten file to open in the Perl script and i am using a for loop to open each file and capture some strings inside each file. Unfortunately, i encounter the below syntax error. I think there should be something wrong with this term reports_${counting}_${_}.txt but i do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening mulitple different videos with mplayer and placing them in x,y coordinates?

howdy. can you place mplayer windows on the screen anywhere? i would like to open four movie files from command line and make them show up on screen like this ----- ----- | 1 | | 2 | ----- ----- | 3 | | 4 | ----- ----- hopefully my ascii representation makes some sense. and i would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mulitple grep using tail

I have a basic tail/grep question. I have logs that are generated & kept in a directory called alert_audit. I am using "tail" to see the logs that are coming in, but I only need logs that contain the IP address 10.249.185. or 10.247.231. Here is the command I have, but it pulls all IP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertson1995
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Mulitple Zones on Dual NIC host

Greetings Forumers! I am running into an issue with multiple zones on an M5000 with 2 NICs. The NICs are on separate VLANs. These zones are using the 2 NICs to communicate with other systems but when they need to communicate with a zone on the same system, but different NIC, the application... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mulitple rows update by sed command

Hi All, I need to update 2 rows in my file. But i can do only one row update by sed command. Please help me how can i change mutltiple rows in single sed commana my i/p file: (example.txt) record integer (10) present_id; string (10) first_name; string (10) last_name; string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitution to mulitple files

Hello all, I am trying to make a script that will apply a substitution to any number of files given on the command line. Example would be ~/Unix/script/subst car boat myFile1.txt myFile2.txt myFile3.txt This is the code I have so far but it does not function as needed. PAT=$1 shift... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramn214
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace mulitple charaters in filenames

I have a virtual pdf printer set up on my server which produces files with the following prefix: smbprn_00000044_Microsoft_Word_-_OriginalFilename.pdfthe number in the center of the file increase by one for each new file. I want to remove all the charaters infront of OriginalFilename.pdf using... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What will be the effect of environment variable, when mulitple sessions are opened by same login?

Hello, What will be the effect of environment variable, when mulitple sessions are opened by same login? Following code snippet is part of a shell script. Environment : HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 For Example EXECUTION_DIR=`pwd`/ EXECUTION_DIR_RT=${EXECUTION_DIR}RT/ export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies
icapd(1M)																 icapd(1M)

NAME
icapd - Instant Capacity (iCAP) daemon. SYNOPSIS
icapd DESCRIPTION
The (formerly ) daemon is installed and started as part of the Instant Capacity software on all potential iCAP systems, and respawns itself if killed. If this daemon is not running, other Instant Capacity commands fail. The operations this daemon performs are vital in keeping the complexwide view of the Instant Capacity state current. The following entry is added to /etc/inittab in order to have start and respawn itself: icap:23456:respawn:/usr/lbin/icapd # Instant Capacity daemon This daemon is not started on hardware that is not supported under the Instant Capacity program. If is installed and running on a system with Instant Capacity components present (cores, cells, or memory), it sends daily asset report email to HP (if so configured), tracks tem- porary capacity, sends exception notifications, and maintains a healthy Instant Capacity state. For more information about the functions that performs for Instant Capacity systems, see the located at /usr/share/doc/icapUserGuide.pdf. The daemon reports errors via (see syslog(3C)). Exception notification email is sent to root and to the system contact email address (con- figured via the command (see icapmodify(1M)). The daemon performs periodic operations based on the time of day. The daemon is spawned by and gets its time zone specification from the /etc/default/tz file. By default, the time zone specified in /etc/default/tz is EST5EDT. You can specify which time zone the daemon uses to interpret its current time by modifying the /etc/default/tz file. For details about the time zone format, see environ(5). A restart of the daemon is required before the new time zone value takes effect (that is, kill the process). AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
icapmodify(1M), icapstatus(1M), icapnotify(1M), icapmanage(1M), icap(5). icapd(1M)