Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Syntax coloring for .pc files in VIM editor Post 302170304 by RuchK on Monday 25th of February 2008 06:22:00 AM
Old 02-25-2008
MySQL

Thanks a lot...
i tried it.. and itz working fine.. Smilie
Thanks again...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

vim editor

in vim editor, if i want to save that file, i have to save and exit (ZZ). i want to be able to save the file without exiting. that way, i can compile the code and if i need to change some coding, i can just switch over without retyping "vim myprogram.c". is there a way to save without exit?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb00y
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim as command line editor

Here is my problem, I manage a SunOs 5.8 Server, vi is the default command line editor, I have a line on each users .kshrc profile as follows: export EDITOR=/bin/vi I want to use vim as the command line editor, the below line doesn't work export EDITOR=/bin/vim Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tony3101
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

vim and syntax max os

Hi how to color syntax in terminal in OS X ? I wrote in .vimrc: if &t_Co > 2 || has("gui_running") syntax on set hlsearch endif syntax on and no results. Best regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kezzol
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Coloring personal text in vim

Hi, I want to color some personal text, such as my own name in vim editor. Can anyone tell me how this is done. Thanks, Sathya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skkrish2
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ctags in VIM Editor

Hi, I want to use ctags for multiple folders containing .c and .h files. Can anyone help me with it? I have been using ctags for 1 folder at a time but I would like to link multiple folders and access all .c files at a time using ctags. Thanks, shahsm (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahsm
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vim editor -> uncounted new line

Hi, I entered the following text in a new file through vim: "Four score and seven years ago" saved and exit. When I looked at the file size, it was 31B, although is supposed to be 30. I reedited the file (again with vim) to check for errors, but everything seemed fine. When I opened the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prostiiinet
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the turn on color in vim editor

how to turn on the color in vim editor."syntax on" is not working for me. when i do syntax on it only make some of the text basically header files nd functions name in bold.i am working on "secure crt" ..my vim is in /usr/share i also have .vimrc file in my home folder "~" Please help me... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ascetic
11 Replies

8. AIX

[Vim] Question about syntax highlighting

Hi all, my sysadmin installed Vim packages (vim-enhanced-6.3-1 & vim-common-6.3-1) on an Aix system (7.1.0.0). I log in using Putty (vs 0.54) and got an annoying underline issue. All strings and var names are underlined as you can see on the attached file Is it possible to get rid of that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VIM Editor - To disable the status on existing

When i exist the vim editor .. to gives '0' in the console... i think it is status of the exit.. How to disable that ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vim, vi and nano editor shows help.txt automatically

Hi, Whenever i try to open a file in any editor like vi, vim and nano i get this help.txt showing up in split screen without any key being pressed. This continues to pop up even when i close the help.txt. This behavior happens only when i am connected via putty. Is there a fix to this issue? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil0391
1 Replies
cd(1T)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							    cd(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
cd - Change working directory SYNOPSIS
cd ?dirName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Change the current working directory to dirName, or to the home directory (as specified in the HOME environment variable) if dirName is not given. Returns an empty string. Note that the current working directory is a per-process resource; the cd command changes the working directory for all interpreters and (in a threaded environment) all threads. EXAMPLES
Change to the home directory of the user fred: cd ~fred Change to the directory lib that is a sibling directory of the current one: cd ../lib SEE ALSO
filename(1T), glob(1T), pwd(1T) KEYWORDS
working directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl cd(1T)