Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add printer using hppi
Operating Systems HP-UX Add printer using hppi Post 302169639 by alfredo on Thursday 21st of February 2008 10:18:10 PM
Old 02-21-2008
Question Add printer using hppi

I would like to add printer using hppi. The printer is shared by windows print server and the IP address is shown as 10.0.30.66-1.
(IP 10.0.30.66 using printer port 1)

I have added printer with IP 10.0.30.66, but it shows errors for print test.

Sending a test file to 4050SA ...

(Wait for long time, and finally I quit by Ctrl-C)
Result: An error occurred in sending the file to 4050SA!
Possible reasons:
printer is offline; printer is busy in printing other jobs, ....

Was it casued by the invalid config for printer port? If so, how can I add printer by hppi to specific port 1?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add Windows Printer

I have next to no knowledge of Unix, but have managed to do most of what I've needed to so far. I'm stuck however on adding a printer to the list of Unix printers that is a network printer. I have no printers connected directly to my Unix box, but need to be able to print from an application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boydnapier
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

add printer on serial port

I want to add printer on a serial port can I get full details of all parameters like baudrate, parity,flow control, ... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hegazy Mahdy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add printer with IP address with lpadmin

Hi all, I'm tryin' to add a network printer with lpadmin (I don't have access to admintool) to a Solarisbox but I don't exactly know where to use the IP address. The thing is that this printer exists already with another printQ but I don't see any printerserver declared with lpsystem -l although... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add printer

Helooo I am trying to add a printer in sco unix but i found only serial ports how to define parallel ports? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sak900354
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to add a new printer to AIX

Hello. I would like to add an HP printer to my AIX (5.2) system. The printer is attached to a Windows PC via LPT1. We are using Novell as our LAN :) I am somewhat familiar with SMIT and printer queues. Still a bit of a newbie. I would like to be able to print from the AIX directly to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MILLERJ62
0 Replies

6. SCO

steps to add printer

hi, i want help plz i connect my xerox printer under sco os , someone can tell me by steps how i can add it ? what i need to do that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
2 Replies

7. SCO

Cannot add printer to SCO OS 6

:( I am trying to add some printers under SCO OpenServer 6 and everytime I try to open the printer manager it returns a message that reads "Unable to get allowed/denied form users." "Failed to establish user authorizations." When I press the details button is gives me the following Error Details;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoM
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with function to add printer

Requirement was to get the differences of printers on the prod server and the dev server Using the following awk, i was able to get the difference between two files. awk 'BEGIN {while ( getline < "sun5-printers.txt") {arr++ }}{ if (!($0 in arr ) ) {print} }' sun8-printers.txt I need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to add printer in Solaris

HI I am unable to add printer in solaris (architecture is SUN and OS is Solaris 10) as I try to print the file it gives following error Failed to contact service for erp-cljCP2025: not-found Need help Regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
7 Replies
enable(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         enable(1)

NAME
enable, disable - enable/disable LP printers SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/enable printer... /usr/bin/disable [-c | -W] [ -r [reason]] printer... DESCRIPTION
The enable command activates printers, enabling them to print requests submitted by the lp command. enable must be run on the printer server. The disable command deactivates printers, disabling them from printing requests submitted by the lp command. By default, any requests that are currently printing on printer will be reprinted in their entirety either on printer or another member of the same class of printers. The disable command must be run on the print server. Use lpstat -p to check the status of printers. enable and disable only effect queueing on the print server's spooling system. Executing these commands from a client system will have no effect on the server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for use with disable: -c Cancels any requests that are currently printing on printer. This option cannot be used with the -W option. If the printer is remote, the -c option will be silently ignored. -W Waits until the request currently being printed is finished before disabling printer. This option cannot be used with the -c option. If the printer is remote, the -W option will be silently ignored. -r [reason] Assigns a reason for the disabling of the printer(s). This reason applies to all printers specified. This reason is reported by lpstat -p. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. The default reason is "unknown reason" for the existing printer, and "new printer" for a printer added to the system but not yet enabled. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported for both enable and disable: printer The name of the printer to be enabled or disabled. Specify printer using atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpstat(1), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 enable(1)