Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Urgent---Program for getting Exception from a log Post 302169362 by Anji on Thursday 21st of February 2008 03:44:49 AM
Old 02-21-2008
Actually The Logfile will contains Different type exceptions.
for example ,Java exceptions , database related exceptions,

sample exception snippet from the log file

2007-11-13 05:12:43,899 - [ERROR] : Threadid = 32, While executing [invoke] enco
untered [com.get.prodapi.exception.ProductNotFoundException] : [Could
not find Product data for fii = 32637174 at
com.get.prodapi.dao.ProductDAO.getProductInfoByFii(ProductDAO.java:782)]
at com.tibco.plugin.java.JavaActivity.eval(JavaActivity.java:395)
at com.tibco.pe.plugin.Activity.eval(Activity.java:209)
at com.tibco.pe.core.TaskImpl.eval(TaskImpl.java:541)
at com.tibco.pe.core.Job.a(Job.java:709)
at com.tibco.pe.core.Job.l(Job.java:499)
at com.tibco.pe.core.JobDispatcher$JobCourier.a(JobDispatcher.java:249)
at com.tibco.pe.core.JobDispatcher$JobCourier.run(JobDispatcher.java:200
)

This is one of the exception from the log file...
I dont want to go and explicitly see for the how many Exceptions are there and what are the exceptions in the log file...

By Executing my Generic script I want to get the exceptions from the log file which ever I will specify

I think this would be very clear

Appriciate your help.

Thanks In Advance,
Anji

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent!! How to write a shell program to execute command to access internet?

hi, I am new ot unix. So, can i write a shell(c shell or korn shell) program to access internet? I mean if I run the program, it can access specified url and then copy the html to a file? Can anyone help me? And how can make the program runs every 1 hr? new comer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very Urgent help required in Shell Program

How do I Ftp, and rename multiple files in one unix script. I have to send it with .tmp extension , then rename it to .txt after FTP is done . I need to do a Mass rename of more than 1 file in a shell script , Urgent help required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suppandi
1 Replies

3. AIX

URGENT:Program is not dropping core on customer AIX Machine

hi We have a program which is running on cutomer end,and when its crashing its not dropping core, we asked them to check ulimit,they say that its unlimited. Even when they crash the program manually by using command kill -ABRT <pid> its not dropping the core,on our end when we use same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan_069
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect exception messages from program

Hi, I have a script which invoke a java program and I would like to know whether it is possible to log the exception thrown by the program to a log file in the script? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting help on finding exception in running log file

Hi all, I am trying to write a script for an application server log file where i want to put this script as a cron tab entry and it will check the server log file last 1000/500 line for every fifteen minute. i am using the script like this. count=`tail -n 1000 Trace.log | grep -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program Bash VERY URGENT

Hello I have to do a program in Bash, need help because it does not go out for me and go enough time with this!! Five directories(boards of directors) that more occupy, arranged according to size. To measure the size of every directory(board of directors) there must not be included the size... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danihj
1 Replies

7. Programming

urgent help with file manipulation program

Hey, i am trying to write a program that takes multiple files as command line arguments, then outputs them to a single file. i also need the option to read them back out again. essentially what i am trying to create is an archiver, however, a very simple one. The program i have accomplished so far... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wezzyb
1 Replies

8. Programming

An error in my c++ program... please help urgent.

The following is a program to convert an infix expression to postfix expression. //Convert an infix expression to postfix expression... #include<iostream> #include<string> #include<cstdlib> using namespace std; char ifx,pfx,stk; int top=-1,n; void push(char ch) { if(top!=n) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
6 Replies

9. Programming

Wrapper for unix program - urgent help needed

Hello all , i need some help asap i have a program that keeps killing the machine when i did google searches and 2 days later i ran strace it seems the programm keeps making a system call to gettimeofday to i guess increment a counter ? gettimeofday({1347986584, 464904}, NULL) = 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetworkLearning
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies
GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)

NAME
git-check-attr - Display gitattributes information SYNOPSIS
git check-attr [-a | --all | attr...] [--] pathname... git check-attr --stdin [-z] [-a | --all | attr...] < <list-of-paths> DESCRIPTION
For every pathname, this command will list if each attribute is unspecified, set, or unset as a gitattribute on that pathname. OPTIONS
-a, --all List all attributes that are associated with the specified paths. If this option is used, then unspecified attributes will not be included in the output. --cached Consider .gitattributes in the index only, ignoring the working tree. --stdin Read file names from stdin instead of from the command-line. -z The output format is modified to be machine-parseable. If --stdin is also given, input paths are separated with a NUL character instead of a linefeed character. -- Interpret all preceding arguments as attributes and all following arguments as path names. If none of --stdin, --all, or -- is used, the first argument will be treated as an attribute and the rest of the arguments as pathnames. OUTPUT
The output is of the form: <path> COLON SP <attribute> COLON SP <info> LF unless -z is in effect, in which case NUL is used as delimiter: <path> NUL <attribute> NUL <info> NUL <path> is the path of a file being queried, <attribute> is an attribute being queried and <info> can be either: unspecified when the attribute is not defined for the path. unset when the attribute is defined as false. set when the attribute is defined as true. <value> when a value has been assigned to the attribute. Buffering happens as documented under the GIT_FLUSH option in git(1). The caller is responsible for avoiding deadlocks caused by overfilling an input buffer or reading from an empty output buffer. EXAMPLES
In the examples, the following .gitattributes file is used: *.java diff=java -crlf myAttr NoMyAttr.java !myAttr README caveat=unspecified o Listing a single attribute: $ git check-attr diff org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java o Listing multiple attributes for a file: $ git check-attr crlf diff myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: crlf: unset org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set o Listing all attributes for a file: $ git check-attr --all -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set o Listing an attribute for multiple files: $ git check-attr myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/NoMyAttr.java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set org/example/NoMyAttr.java: myAttr: unspecified o Not all values are equally unambiguous: $ git check-attr caveat README README: caveat: unspecified SEE ALSO
gitattributes(5). GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)