Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell program
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell program Post 302169295 by nivas on Wednesday 20th of February 2008 11:02:21 PM
Old 02-21-2008
The above file1 in my previous post is only sample record and the file will have records in lacs.
EX

Code:
DWERWDSF6672843829890028   LEEBA@fHEC_com                                                                                      2008-02-030000023.90 0009976 00015.00 2008-03-02LEE,JIN UNICOL                          000000000000012.21 000000000000000.00 CBB0000

so i want to make every line TO HAVE its own spaces. exact space in file1 i need to get in output file.
nivas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with this Shell Program

Now, am in a very tight situation here. I really dont expect anyone to understand but please, try your best. am trying to right a program that goes back to the previous entry to correct a mistake. heres what am trying to do. i write a program like this Name : James Holgston... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell Program

Hellow every body I am trying to write a very simple script in an executable file as following if ($?PWD) then echo "OK" else echo "No" endif but I am getting error during execution in c shell as synthax error at line 4 , unexpected end of file Please advise (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
2 Replies

3. Programming

Shell Program

I am programming the following simple shell program. It works for the most part, things like 'ls' and 'ps' work just fine. However when I add options, (example, ls -l) it does not execute the command. Also, I've been trying to add an "exit" command, so that I don't have to use the iterrupt; but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TexasGuy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell program

How to write a shell script which takes 3 strings as positional parameters,first and second are file names and third is a directory.if the two files exist in `pwd` and they contain a specific pattern and their size is greater than 32 bytes,moves these files into directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rameshparsa
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell program

hello, i have problem in awk filter in shell to concatenate two string plz send me a solution as soon as possible from jyoti ardeshana (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotiardeshana
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

very first shell program.

in the beginners book i have it gives an exercise to try. saying to make a script that examines the time. it should keep examining every second or so and say some sort of message. Can anyone help me get going. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with shell program

I want to print the value of variables a1, a2, a3 in for loop in the following program: a1=this a2=is a3=printed for((i=1;i<4;i++)) do var=a$i #w=`echo $var` e=${var} echo $e done But actually I get a1,a2,a3 as the output not the "this is printed" So the main question is if I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgarg
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Program , need help!!

Hi all, I am trying to get a file from an ftp server and i have the list of files which needs to be get from the ftp server. grep unix_prg*.* log.txt > log1.txt log1.txt (which has the list of files) 06-29-09 00:00AM 3550258 unix_prg090629 06-28-09 07:00PM ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
7 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell program in C

Hi all, I have an assignment from school to write a shell program in linux. the idea is to exercise fork() and execv() functions.. the shell program is supposed to be the master and every command that the user prints will run in a new process. we also need to try running the command in every... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r3vive
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

C shell program

1. I've have to write a shell program that accepts Ctrl+T (in linux os in c language) and should print out the current time and date to the screen. I've written the following code but i've to type ^T individual rather than pressing ctrl+T(^T) to get the output. : 2. How do i make the shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorro_phu
2 Replies
diff3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  diff3(1)

Name
       diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison

Syntax
       diff3 [-ex3] file1 file2 file3

Description
       The command compares three versions of a file, and publishes the ranges of text that disagree, flagged with the following codes:

====	      all three files differ

====1       file1 is different

====2       file2 is different

====3       file3 is different

The type of change needed to convert a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways:

f : n1 a    Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3.

f : n1 , n2 c
		      Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2.  If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1.

The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication.  When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of
       the lower-numbered file is suppressed.

Options
       -3   Produces an editor script containing the changes between file1 and file2 that are to be incorporated into file3.

-e	   Produces an editor script containing the changes between file2 and file3 that are to be incorporated into file1.

-x	   Produces an editor script containing the changes among all three files.

Examples
       Under the -e option, publishes a script for the editor that incorporates into file1 all changes between file2 and  file3  -  that  is,  the
       changes	that would normally be flagged ==== and ====3.	Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3).
       The following command applies the resulting script to `file1':
       (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1

Restrictions
       Text lines that consist of a single `.'	defeat -e.

Files
       /tmp/d3?????
       /usr/lib/diff3

See Also
       cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), dffmk(1), join(1), sccsdiff(1), uniq(1)

diff3(1)