Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Prevent output to window
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Prevent output to window Post 302169161 by katrvu on Wednesday 20th of February 2008 12:52:28 PM
Old 02-20-2008
>where would you want standard output to go?
>why do something if you want to suppress its output?

because I want the test output to be in a better format and also don't want to change the file.
I think I have an idea what I can try now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. Programming

how to prevent deadlock on this...

I am using linux termios structure to configure serial port and read the port by read function. For some reason, if I read the whole buffer, almost every time the buffer does not contain the correct reply message sequence from a device sending reply to my linux PC. So I use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yimab
5 Replies

3. AIX

Prevent ftp usage

Is there a way to prevent users to use ftp on my server? And only allow root to use ftp. Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NineInch
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 files and output result in pop up window

Need help ! how do i compare 2 files and if there is a difference, output a massage in a pop up window? the script meant to run using crontab. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hongsh
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove/prevent Input/output error

Hi I have a new hdd installed ,and sometimes if i start a session or ftp download while downloading sometimes it creates a ./filename.type Input/output errorso in that case i can-not overwrite ,rename ,remove ,or place a file with the same name on that dir. How to prevent this and is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brain!ac
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to prevent Accidents 'rm -rf *'?

When invoking unix commands from other third party tools (IBM ETL), we run the rm / mv commands with the folder as argument been passed. Eg rm -rf {folder}/* when the parameter {folder} did not pass rightly or becomes blank, the command becomes dangerous to execute rm -rf /* How to prevent... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing ksh script to remote server want output on same window

I'm having a brain freeze moment. I've created a ksh script in AIX that ssh's to a remote server, executes some commands, and then logs out. All of this is sent to a file. I then have the script cat the file so i can see the output. Even though the cat command is outside of the remote session part;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting command output to putty window title.

Hi, Last 2 weeks I have searched many forums and i haven't found the answer for the question: How to get all command output to Putty title? Needed it for other programs to know when some jobs on a server is done and is it done right or wrong. Plink stdout and stdin wasn't working, i used many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domagaj
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
glutFullScreen(3GLUT)						       GLUT						     glutFullScreen(3GLUT)

NAME
glutFullScreen - requests that the current window be made full screen. SYNTAX
void glutFullScreen(void); DESCRIPTION
glutFullScreen requests that the current window be made full screen. The exact semantics of what full screen means may vary by window sys- tem. The intent is to make the window as large as possible and disable any window decorations or borders added the window system. The win- dow width and height are not guaranteed to be the same as the screen width and height, but that is the intent of making a window full screen. glutFullScreen is defined to work only on top-level windows. The glutFullScreen requests are not processed immediately. The request is executed after returning to the main event loop. This allows mul- tiple glutReshapeWindow, glutPositionWindow, and glutFullScreen requests to the same window to be coalesced. Subsequent glutReshapeWindow and glutPositionWindow requests on the window will disable the full screen status of the window. X IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
In the X implementation of GLUT, full screen is implemented by sizing and positioning the window to cover the entire screen and posting the _MOTIF_WM_HINTS property on the window requesting absolutely no decorations. Non-Motif window managers may not respond to _MOTIF_WM_HINTS. SEE ALSO
glutReshapeWindow, glutPositionWindow AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutFullScreen(3GLUT)