Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding columns to excel files using Perl Post 302169031 by dolo21taf on Wednesday 20th of February 2008 04:09:12 AM
Old 02-20-2008
Adding columns to excel files using Perl

How do I add 4 columns to an excel file using Perl? The 4 headers for those columns will all have different names? Please help and I greatly appreciate...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: adding columns in CSV file with information in each

Hi Wise UNIX Crew, I want to add 3 different columns to the file in which: 1. The first new column pulls in today's date and time 2. Second column one has a '0' 3. Third column has the word 'ANY' going down the column If my file content is as follows: "7","a","abc",123"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolo21taf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk adding columns from different files

Hi, I have two files and I need to add column 3 of file1 to column 3 of file 2 > file3 I also need to repeat for column 4. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsstamps
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Split Excel Workbook to Indiv Excel files

Hi, I am trying to find a way to read an excel work book with multiple worksheets. And write each worksheet into a new excel file using perl. My environment is Unix. For example: I have an excel workbook TEST.xls and it has Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 worksheets. I would like to create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep78
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding columns of two files

Hello everyone, I have two files containing 6 columns and thousands of rows. I want to add them (i.e. first column of first file + first column of second file and so on) and print the output in a third file. Can you please help me. Thanks a lot (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandra321
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding new columns to txt files

Dear all, I have a question. I have a txt.file as below. i want to add 3 more columns: column3=conlum 2*column2; column4=(1-column2)*(1-column2); column5=1-column3-column4. Do you know how to do it? Thanks a lot! file: column1 column2 a 1 b 20 c 30 d 3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Multiple Files via Columns

I have a number of files with multiple rows that I need to add together. Let say I have 10 files: Each file has a great number of rows and columns. I need to add these files together the following way. In other words, If, for example, file A occupies Columns 1 to 19, I want to add file B... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl - adding columns to file

I have a file in which I need to add more columns to based on a key in the first file: File1 key1,abc,123, key2,def,456, key3,ghi,789, File2 key2,zyx,111,qqq, key3,yuu,222,www, key1,pui,333,eee, key4,xxx,999,rrr, I would like to create the following output: Output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to accept specific columns from excel

Hi All, I have below perl script which writes xml from .xls file. Now i want to add below two conditions in this script : 1. to check if the the input .xls file has ony two columns , if more tahn two columns then script should pop up an error. 2. If there are two columns , then first column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding columns from 2 files with variable number of columns

I have two files, file1 and file2 who have identical number of rows and columns. However, the script is supposed to be used for for different files and I cannot know the format in advance. Also, the number of columns changes within the file, some rows have more and some less columns (they are... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: maya3
13 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::ACCESS(3)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::ACCESS(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::ACCESS - Support specific to MS Access over ODBC DESCRIPTION
This class implements support specific to Microsoft Access over ODBC. It is a subclass of DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC and DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ACCESS, see those classes for more information. It is loaded automatically by by DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC when it detects a MS Access back-end. This driver implements workarounds for "IMAGE" and "MEMO" columns, and DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime support for "DATETIME" columns. EXAMPLE DSN
dbi:ODBC:driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};dbq=C:Users kitoverDocumentsaccess_sample.accdb TEXT
/IMAGE/MEMO COLUMNS Avoid using "TEXT" columns as they will be truncated to 255 bytes. Some other drivers (like ADO) will automatically convert "TEXT" columns to "MEMO", but the ODBC driver does not. "IMAGE" columns work correctly, but the statements for inserting or updating an "IMAGE" column will not be cached, due to a bug in the Access ODBC driver. "MEMO" columns work correctly as well, but you must take care to set LongReadLen to "$max_memo_size * 2 + 1". This is done for you automatically if you pass LongReadLen in your connect_info; but if you set this attribute directly on the $dbh, keep this limitation in mind. AUTHOR
See "AUTHOR" in DBIx::Class and "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-16 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::ACCESS(3)