Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Font size in VIM
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Font size in VIM Post 302168750 by sad_angle on Tuesday 19th of February 2008 10:29:09 AM
Old 02-19-2008
Are you refering to GUI VIM?

If so, then I suggest you add the following line to the file .vimrc to use Times New Roman font.

set guifont=Times_New_Roman:h11:cANSI

For more information, read point # 31.2 in the online help & FAQ of VIM

Vim documentation: vim_faq

Good luck

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Font size

Hello all I am a new linux user (Redhat 7) and I am trying to learn how to operate the system. I have a couple problems one the font size for all windows withing the OS are too small and even though I found a couple places to configure font size I can't find where to change the font size for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elhefe
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim font highlight

Hi, there. I am using vim to edit some files I am working on from terminal. I occasionally pressed some keys by mistake, and the word just got highlight. Afterward whenever I type in that word, it will be highlight automatically. It is annoying. Could someone tell me how to turn this off? BTW,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
6 Replies

3. Solaris

font size printing

hi all , i was just wondering if i can specify the font size when i am printing from solaris . i am using solaris 9 and hp laserjet 1230 . i dont want to change the global variable for the printer driver . i just want to print a file with small font and the others with normal fonts . ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I enlarged the font size?

How can I enlarged the font size when I opened the pdf files with ghostscript or ghostview in solaris 8 for sparc. The font is so small that I can't see it!] Help me please! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_hand
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set font size

can any one tell me how to set the font size in unix? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Size

Hi All, Please can someone advise on how to change the font size of the output of a shell script. Best Regards, Shazin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
2 Replies

7. Linux

xterm font size and utf8

Hi everyone! I want to change the default font size of xterm. I tried appending the following line in .Xresources xterm -fn -*-fixed-medium-*-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-* The size changes, but when I try to write in greek, nothing is printed on the screen. I tried appending a similar line to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerb41
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Size in shell!

hi all,, is it possible to change the font size of the first line of text? i search it to internet but i have no luk. Ex. Line 1: HI Line 2: back to normal font size. THanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Increase Font size

Hi friends I want increase font size in linux can anybody help me plese Example:this is my in put Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 18G 2.5G 14G 15% / /dev/sda2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuibm
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)