Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to configure linux to receive snmp traps from a windows server? Post 302168561 by iamtulipin on Tuesday 19th of February 2008 12:10:03 AM
Old 02-19-2008
How to configure linux to receive snmp traps from a windows server?

Can anybody please tell me how to configure linux to receive snmp traps from a windows server? I am not able to receieve snmp traps on unix machines specifically linux and solaris. I have tried starting snmptrapd service on linux but it didn't work. Is there anything special that I have to do on linux so that I start receiving traps on linux?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending SNMP Traps in AIX / Unix

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows how can I send an SNMP Trap in Unix Environment(AIX) to another machine (NT/Ux) after having activated the SNMP in the AIX. Can this be done by using a single command line or do I have to write a script for it? Thanks in advance for your advices. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goliath
1 Replies

2. Solaris

SNMP traps

Hello I am trying to check that SNMP traps could be sent from one server to other . I am running this command from receiving server to see it can receive it /usr/sbin/snoop udp port 162 and on the sending end I am running this commad cst051 UDP D=162 S=1480 LEN=120 but i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
1 Replies

3. Solaris

List of SNMP Traps supported by Solaris 10

Hi, I want the list of SNMP traps supported by Solaris 10. DO anyone has the list prepared. Regards, Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grrajeish
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Shell Script - Generate SNMP Traps

Good morning to you all I´m kinda of a noob to scripting, and my knowledge is still very basic: anyway, I´ve developed a small .sh script with the following purpose: - it will check a result file, checking if it has any values, or if it´s empty - if it´s empty it will send an email What... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zarahel
0 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP Traps

Hi all, lately i managed to install SNMP agent on Solaris 9 & 10. The second objective is now to configure traps. However (since i'm totally new to the SUN world) i don't know a way of how to start. Can somebody help me with details? What is the first thing that you need to do to start trapping?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wizard_1979
3 Replies

6. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a virtual Interface to recieve snmp traps

All, I have a question regarding setting up a virtual interface to recieve snmp traps from network devices. My Solaris 10 server is running the HPOV-NNMi application. The network devices in our environment (many thousands) are all pre-configured to send their snmp traps to a specific IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: turk22
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SNMP Traps

Hi, We are using Zyrion Traverse to monitor all the servers. I like to set the traps on all of the Linux servers to send the traps to that servers. So for on the /etc/snmp/snmp.conf file, this is what I have... ### SNMP Traps ### trap2sink x.x.x.x # Traverse server My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP traps to SNMP server

Dear Champs, I am new to unix, and need to configure linux server to send below traps to a SNMP server. Monitoring TRAP Disk Space Low Monitoring TRAP Memory Low Monitoring TRAP CPU high Monitoring TRAP Admin login/Logoff Please help me how to send this information to my SNMP server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stavar
2 Replies

10. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies
cups-snmp(8)							    Apple Inc.							      cups-snmp(8)

NAME
snmp - cups snmp backend SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/cups/backend/snmp ip-address-or-hostname /usr/libexec/cups/backend/snmp ip-address-or-hostname lpinfo -v --include-schemes snmp DESCRIPTION
The CUPS SNMP backend provides legacy discovery and identification of network printers using SNMPv1. When used for discovery through the scheduler, the backend will list all printers that respond to a broadcast SNMPv1 query with the "public" community name. Additional queries are then sent to printers that respond in order to determine the correct device URI, make and model, and other information needed for printing. In the first form, the SNMP backend is run directly by the user to look up the device URI and other information when you have an IP address or hostname. This can be used for programs that need to configure print queues where the user has supplied an address but nothing else. In the second form, the SNMP backend is run indirectly using the lpinfo(8) command. The output provides all printers detected via SNMP on the configured broadcast addresses. Note: no broadcast addresses are configured by default. MIBS
The CUPS SNMP backend uses the information from the Host, Printer, and Port Monitor MIBs along with some vendor private MIBs and intelli- gent port probes to determine the correct device URI and make and model for each printer. CONFIGURATION
The SNMP backend reads the /etc/cups/snmp.conf configuration file, if present, to set the default broadcast address, community name, and logging level. The configuration file is documented in cups-snmp.conf(5). The DebugLevel value can be overridden using the CUPS_DEBUG_LEVEL environment variable and the MaxRunTime value can be overridden using the CUPS_MAX_RUN_TIME environment variable. SEE ALSO
backend(7), cups-snmp.conf(5), cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), filter(7), lpinfo(8), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 8 July 2013 CUPS cups-snmp(8)