Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Can't mount showing 0506-342 The superblock on /dev/fslv00 is dirty Post 302167984 by xa52000 on Saturday 16th of February 2008 08:30:46 AM
Old 02-16-2008
Can't mount showing 0506-342 The superblock on /dev/fslv00 is dirty

Dear All

Last day in Aix 5.2 server by executing
# df –g

I found following:

Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on
/dev/fslv00 58.00 136.70 -135% 212103 1% /sprod

After shutting down by following command

# shutdown –h

And when the Aix start there is no /sprod

# df –g

result not showing /sprod

!!! I tried to mount it by

# mount /sprod

and found

Replaying log for /dev/fslv00.
Failure replaying log: -1
mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/fslv00 on /sprod: The media is not formatted or the format is not correct.
0506-342 The superblock on /dev/fslv00 is dirty. Run a full fsck to fix.

Then tried

# fsck

Results like following …

The current volume is: /dev/hd1
File system is currently mounted.
fsck: Performing read-only processing does not produce dependable results.
**Phase 1 - Check Blocks, Files/Directories, and Directory Entries
**Phase 2 - Count links
**Phase 3 - Duplicate Block Rescan and Directory Connectedness
**Phase 4 - Report Problems
**Phase 7 - Verify File/Directory Allocation Maps
File system inode map is corrupt (NOT FIXED)
**Phase 8 - Verify Disk Allocation Maps
2555904 kilobytes total disk space.
1774 kilobytes in 533 directories.
2484237 kilobytes in 21467 user files.
68288 kilobytes are available for use.
fsck: Performing read-only processing does not produce dependable results.

And also tried with #fsck –p /sprod and fsck -p /dev/fslv00 and also # fsck -y /sprod and fsck -y /dev/fslv00
but still faild.

Then I tried to replace the first super block by second super block using

dd count=1 bs=4k skip=1 seek=31 if=/dev/fslv00 of=/dev/fslv00

But still failed to mount the /sprod and getting same error as before

Failure replaying log: -1
mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/fslv00 on /sprod: The media is not formatted or the format is not correct.
0506-342 The superblock on /dev/fslv00 is dirty. Run a full fsck to fix.

Please help me. Is there any way I can mount the /sprod directory or at least is there any data recovery software or what ever by using which I can recover those data from that directory?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

mount: /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s0 no such device

I've searched through unix.com and google for this issue I am having on one particular Sun E280R with installing netbackup software from CD. I know the cd is good because i installed the software on 4 other servers right before this one. This is the issue I am seeing. vold does not mount the CD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Cant' mount usb drive, /dev/sda1 not showing up

Hi, I'm trying to mount a usb drive but the path /dev/sda1 does not show up under /dev when I plug in the usb device. In fact I see no differences under /dev before and after I plugin my usb drive. Any ideas why the system is not recognizing the usb drive and how to fix? This is on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meaning of mount /dev/dsk/c... /mnt

Hi May I know the meaning of the following command mount /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 /mnt Will I be able to use my tape drive after that? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Superblock marked dirty

Good morning! I met a problem on a FS with AIX 5.3 It's not possible to mount the FS because of a dirty superblock. I tried few things without success. I need your help to solve my problem guys. Do you have any idea please? Thanks a lot drp01,/home/root # mount /GSPRES/data Replaying... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

Os not coming up after i set mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda8

on RHEL 5.3 i did mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda8 ( this is /tmp directory ) now OS not coming up. How to resolve ?? ---------- Post updated at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:36 PM ---------- one of my friend told me that you have changed sticky bit permissions on /tmp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
6 Replies

7. AIX

0506-324 The media is not formatted

Hi guys, I'm an IT student from France, I'm not very fluent in english. I have do make an virtual bootable system backup disk. mkcd to /dev/cd1, the cd1 is served by the VIOS with a virtual blank disk I've all ready create the virtual cd drive with mkvdev -fbo I can see my drive with my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
0 Replies

8. AIX

"Please mount volume 2 on /dev/rmt0.1" message during mksysb restore

Dear all First of all, my English not so good. We have p52a (production server) and p52a (test server). Tape drives are VXA2. When both servers were AIX 5.3, mksysb on production server and restoring to test server was OK. The production server was AIX 5.3 and recently upgraded to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fifa15pc
3 Replies

9. Linux

Mount reiserfs .dsk image failed: can't read superblock

I have a failed 160 GB Western Digital Netcenter NAS disk and its image after failing in .DSK format. When I connect the disk to my ubuntu machine and typed: # losetup -o 512006144 /dev/loop1 /dev/sdc # mkdir /tmp/sdc # mount -r -t reiserfs /dev/loop1 /tmp/sdc I get my folders and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalil1408
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Linux bad superblock on /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root

Hi Friends . my linux try to start very slowly after give it this error: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root, missing codepage or helper program, or other error in some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg : tail or so Kernel panic... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackjuan
3 Replies
MOUNT_FDESC(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    MOUNT_FDESC(8)

NAME
mount_fdesc -- mount the file-descriptor file system SYNOPSIS
mount_fdesc [-o options] fdesc mount_point DESCRIPTION
The mount_fdesc command attaches an instance of the per-process file descriptor namespace to the global filesystem namespace. The conven- tional mount point is /dev and the filesystem should be union mounted in order to augment, rather than replace, the existing entries in /dev. The directory specified by mount_point is converted to an absolute path before use. This command is normally executed by mount(8) at boot time. The options are as follows: -o Options are specified with a -o flag followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. The contents of the mount point are fd, stderr, stdin, stdout and tty. fd is a directory whose contents appear as a list of numbered files which correspond to the open files of the process reading the directory. The files /dev/fd/0 through /dev/fd/# refer to file descriptors which can be accessed through the file system. If the file descriptor is open and the mode the file is being opened with is a subset of the mode of the existing descriptor, the call: fd = open("/dev/fd/0", mode); and the call: fd = fcntl(0, F_DUPFD, 0); are equivalent. The files /dev/stdin, /dev/stdout and /dev/stderr appear as symlinks to the relevant entry in the /dev/fd sub-directory. Opening them is equivalent to the following calls: fd = fcntl(STDIN_FILENO, F_DUPFD, 0); fd = fcntl(STDOUT_FILENO, F_DUPFD, 0); fd = fcntl(STDERR_FILENO, F_DUPFD, 0); Flags to the open(2) call other than O_RDONLY, O_WRONLY and O_RDWR are ignored. The /dev/tty entry is an indirect reference to the current process's controlling terminal. It appears as a named pipe (FIFO) but behaves in exactly the same way as the real controlling terminal device. FILES
/dev/fd/# /dev/stdin /dev/stdout /dev/stderr /dev/tty SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), tty(4), fstab(5), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_fdesc utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. BUGS
This filesystem may not be NFS-exported. BSD
March 27, 1994 BSD