Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to sync remote folders without overwriting Post 302167915 by prvnrk on Saturday 16th of February 2008 12:53:28 AM
Old 02-16-2008
Thank you Jim for your response.

If rsync can't do, is there any other alternative?

Pl suggest

Thanks
Prvn

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote compare of folders

Hi, Is there a way (either commands/tools/scripts/logic) to compare two given folders on different unix boxes. I want to compare folder a in Unix box 'A' with folder 'b' in Unix box 'B'. I can run the script in Unix box 'A'. I am looking. for following results: files/sub folders only in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilav
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP:error while creating folders on remote server

Hi, I am trying to create some folders on remote server with SFTP connection. if the folder is exist then it is not executing the next commands. i.e. if temp/folder is exist then it it not executing mkdir $folder1 mkdir $folder2 commands. here is my code. sftp -b /dev/fd/0 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgs
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sync remote folders

Hi, I need to sync 2 remote folders so i setup with rsync which is working very fine. But, there comes another requirement to maintain multiple versions of files on destination (NOT to overwrite the destination file). If there is difference between source file and destination file, it must... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSYNC script to transfer folders recursively without overwriting via FTP

Hi all, I would need a bash script to sync/transfer folders recursively via FTP/RSYNC (I initially planned to use FTP but I heard RSYNC would fit a lot better for this job(?)) The situation: 3 different Linux servers 1. source 2. destination - Samba 3. Server where the script runs on ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibautp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on sync 2 folders with checking files' modify date

Hi Linux Community I would like to ask about how to compare files in deferent server with date. Those A and B servers has the same folder, I have write a sample script to "ls" both folders and "diff" them, and then "rsync" the missing files. It was running well, both A and B are sync, until... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lunaticdawn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Directories and folders on two remote lpar

Hello, i'm trying to script to compare the same directory on the lpar. The problem is i'm using the command : find /etc -type d -ls but i cannot reach the remote lpar. I have another solution to put that command in a text file and compare with Excel. but i could be fine to have the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync from remote machine via ssh and sync by uisng find by modified time

Hi I have a requirement to rsync from remote to local machine via ssh and sync files that are changed in last n hours. pgrep to check if no other sync is running pgrep -f rsync.*/opt > /dev/null || rsync --bwlimit=10000 -avz --delete root@X.X.X.X:/var/source/ /opt/dest/ >> /home/log 2>&1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you compare two folders and copy the difference to a third folder in a remote server?

How do you compare one local folder and a remote folder and copy the difference to a third folder in a remote folder.e.g. Folder A -- Is in a remote server and it has the following files TEST1.OUT TEST2.OUT TEST3.OUT Folder B --Is in a local server and it has the following files ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
5 Replies
rsync_selinux(8)					rsync Selinux Policy documentation					  rsync_selinux(8)

NAME
rsync_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the rsync daemon DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the rsync server via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. Policy governs the access daemons have to these files. If you want to share files using the rsync daemon, you must label the files and directories public_content_t. So if you created a special directory /var/rsync, you would need to label the directory with the chcon tool. chcon -t public_content_t /var/rsync To make this change permanent (survive a relabel), use the semanage command to add the change to file context configuration: semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/rsync(/.*)?" This command adds the following entry to /etc/selinux/POLICYTYPE/contexts/files/file_contexts.local: /var/rsync(/.*)? system_u:object_r:publix_content_t:s0 Run the restorecon command to apply the changes: restorecon -R -v /var/rsync/ SHARING FILES
If you want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP, rsync, Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and pub- lic_content_rw_t. These context allow any of the above domains to read the content. If you want a particular domain to write to the pub- lic_content_rw_t domain, you must set the appropriate boolean. allow_DOMAIN_anon_write. So for rsync you would execute: setsebool -P allow_rsync_anon_write=1 BOOLEANS
system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), rsync(1), chcon(1), setsebool(8), semanage(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 rsync_selinux(8)