Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Map lun info to phyical disks Post 302167828 by fapl on Friday 15th of February 2008 02:46:06 PM
Old 02-15-2008
map lun to physical disk

You definitely need to precise which storage subsystem you have. For instance on DS4x00 you will use fget_config -Av
on DS8x00 you will use "datapath query essmap"
on EMC , powermt display dev=all

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix map?

There is a "Map"? of Unix and all its varients somewhere on the net. I used to have the link , but can't find it now. Anyone out there have a clue???? A good magician never reveals his secret; the unbelievable trick becomes simple and obvious once it is explained. So too with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bodhi
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

How get more LUN info

Hello, I'm trying to help a guy out on a VMWARE server, running what looks like a cut down version of redhat? 2.4.9-vmnix2 ... Bascially the box serves vm clients via allocating a LUN from a SAN.. to cut a long story short, I need to find out which SAN the luns are comming from (could be 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get disks info in solaris9

hi: I know its a dummy question do you have any idea how i can get information about the HDs I have on my solaris server?? like how many disks and the size of each?? the prtdiag doesnt tell about disks. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
8 Replies

4. Solaris

LUN / Diskgroup info

Hi, I was just about to decommission a box when a weird question paused the operation. This box has veritas volume manager installed. I was umounting all the vx volumes and deleting the disk groups so that the storage admin can take back the LUNS. Now this is where i am stuck - i see a disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s4g3
0 Replies

5. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris raw disks info

Hi, I need the following information. 1. We have raw disks but how to identify raw disks. Is there any command to identify its type and size. 2. How to differentiate between disks which are used as file system and that are still available to be used as raw. I know we can use df -n to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
7 Replies

7. Programming

Map Question C++

Hello All, I am having an issue of putting a Boolean value in the maps as the 3rd parameter. Something like the following : int value; std::map<String str, int x, bool bl> where bool returns false if x>value else true. All I see in the map examples is that I can add the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Restore of Netapp FC lun targets used as the disks for a zpool with exported zfs file systems

So, We have a Netapp storage solution. We have Sparc T4-4s running with LDOMS and client zones in the LDOMS, We are using FC for storage comms. So here's the basic setup FC luns are exported to the primary on the Sparc box. using LDM they are then exported to the LDOM using vdisk. at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 Sparc. How to change Vendor info of SAN disks reported in "format" command?

Greetings! After block level migration using an external appliance, the luns are getting reported as DGC-RAID5 and these luns are infact from the new storage. I have a query on changing the device Vendor info from DGC-RAID5 to HP3par in the format o/p only. AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: n_Bhaskar
3 Replies
cmdk(7D)							      Devices								  cmdk(7D)

NAME
cmdk - common disk driver SYNOPSIS
cmdk@target, lun : [ partition | slice ] DESCRIPTION
The cmdk device driver is a common interface to various disk devices. The driver supports magnetic fixed disks and magnetic removable disks. The block-files access the disk using the system's normal buffering mechanism and are read and written without regard to physical disk records. There is also a "raw" interface that provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A sin- gle read or write call usually results in one I/O operation; raw I/O is therefore considerably more efficient when many bytes are transmit- ted. The names of the block files are found in /dev/dsk; the names of the raw files are found in /dev/rdsk. I/O requests to the magnetic disk must have an offset and transfer length that is a multiple of 512 bytes or the driver returns an EINVAL error. Slice 0 is normally used for the root file system on a disk, slice 1 as a paging area (for example, swap), and slice 2 for backing up the entire fdisk partition for Solaris software. Other slices may be used for usr file systems or system reserved area. Fdisk partition 0 is to access the entire disk and is generally used by the fdisk(1M) program. FILES
/dev/dsk/cndn[s|p]n block device (IDE) /dev/rdsk/cndn[s|p]n raw device (IDE) where: cn controller n dn lun n (0-7) sn UNIX system slice n (0-15) pn fdisk partition(0) /kernel/drv/cmdk 32-bit kernel module. /kernel/drv/amd64/cmdk 64-bit kernel module. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fdisk(1M), mount(1M), lseek(2), read(2), write(2), readdir(3C), scsi(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 cmdk(7D)