Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting whole word substitution in SED Post 302167483 by joeyg on Thursday 14th of February 2008 02:30:50 PM
Old 02-14-2008
Question Would a space help?

sed 's/class /room /g' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

word substitution in csh

I have data that looks something like this: term1/term2/2005-12-01 13:20:30/term4 I need to make it look like this: term1/term2/20051201132030/term4 I am using a csh script. I have tried to do it by first converting the date/time to the format in which I want it, and then replacing it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oprestol
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed substitution using a $variable for a line containing a word

$ cat ggg /E*Fare/testteam/public/pf3/nggfstatic/4k-pf3_3.case REGION1: /E*Fare/dist/src/nggfstaticbase/EFare/Server CODEBASE1: /dev_tools/LINUXMTP-4/EFS070718E/EFare/Server DATABASE1: nggfstatic SCRIPT: /efare1/admin/ezlcn/scripts/pf3_3_scriptlist.input PROLOGINITSIZE not yet set You... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangal-Arun
4 Replies

3. Linux

word substitution in unix

Hi I am trying to substitute 2 words on the same line with _S02 as suffix. Like this . IN "TSOPS09" INDEX IN "TSOPIX09" ; to IN "TSOPS09_S02" INDEX IN "TSOPIX09_S02" ; i used the following code to make the change , it works fine for first substitution not the second one . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
6 Replies

4. Linux

Last word substitution

Ok this is last question of the day from my side . I have this file and I want to replace the last letter " , " with " ) " . The input file is #cat zip.20080604.sql CONNECT TO TST103 ; SET SESSION_USER OPSDM001 ; SET CURRENT SCHEMA OPSDM001 ; CREATE VIEW OPSDM001.vw_zip SELECT ( ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Linux

Multiple files and word substitution

Hi , I have bunch of sql file which contain UHCDEV01 in them . I want to replace all the UHCDEV01 with UHCETL01 in all the files. I have written this code which shows correct output on sh -x but doesn't change the output file . #cat change_dbname.shl #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution using SED

Hi , I am stuck up in the below scenario:- I need to read a file name (eg A.txt) name frm another file (eg B.txt) and then I need to search for a particular expression in A.txt and substitute it with another expression. How can I use SED inside SHELL Scripting and command prompt as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with word substitution

Hi all, I am trying to write a script substituting one word in a particular file with another word (sed) but I'm having trouble creating the backup file. The following are my instructions: The Unix program sed is useful for making simple substitutions throughout an entire file. But one of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hoppy56
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed substitution

How can you use sed with a line of code that reads: 67899:Bill:Williams:Maple Dr.:45908600 Let us say we want to replace Maple Dr. with Oak St. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yonkers062986
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a particular word with another word in all the xml's under a particular directory with sed

Hi Folks, Could you please advise what will be the SED command to replace a word in all xml's under a particular directory for example let say I rite now at the following below location $ cd /ter/rap/config now under config directory there will be lots of xml file , now my objective is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Word-counting and substitution with awk

Hi!! I am trying to write a program which allows me to count how many times I used the same word in a text: {$0 = tolower ($0) gsub (/_]/, "", $0) for (i = 1; i <= NF; i++) freq++ } END { for (word in freq) printf "%s\t%d\n", word, freq It seems work but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ettore8888
3 Replies
Moose::Meta::Attribute::Native::Trait::Bool(3)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	    Moose::Meta::Attribute::Native::Trait::Bool(3)

NAME
Moose::Meta::Attribute::Native::Trait::Bool - Helper trait for Bool attributes VERSION
version 2.0604 SYNOPSIS
package Room; use Moose; has 'is_lit' => ( traits => ['Bool'], is => 'rw', isa => 'Bool', default => 0, handles => { illuminate => 'set', darken => 'unset', flip_switch => 'toggle', is_dark => 'not', }, ); my $room = Room->new(); $room->illuminate; # same as $room->is_lit(1); $room->darken; # same as $room->is_lit(0); $room->flip_switch; # same as $room->is_lit(not $room->is_lit); return $room->is_dark; # same as !$room->is_lit DESCRIPTION
This trait provides native delegation methods for boolean values. A boolean is a scalar which can be 1, 0, "", or "undef". DEFAULT TYPE
If you don't provide an "isa" value for your attribute, it will default to "Bool". PROVIDED METHODS
None of these methods accept arguments. o set Sets the value to 1 and returns 1. o unset Set the value to 0 and returns 0. o toggle Toggles the value. If it's true, set to false, and vice versa. Returns the new value. o not Equivalent of 'not $value'. BUGS
See "BUGS" in Moose for details on reporting bugs. AUTHOR
Moose is maintained by the Moose Cabal, along with the help of many contributors. See "CABAL" in Moose and "CONTRIBUTORS" in Moose for details. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-09-19 Moose::Meta::Attribute::Native::Trait::Bool(3)