Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Blade 100 Memory Upgrade
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Blade 100 Memory Upgrade Post 302167408 by BrewDudeBob on Thursday 14th of February 2008 12:01:27 PM
Old 02-14-2008
David,

This is my personal Sun Blade and I am using it as a sandbox. So no worries about warranty. I know better than to mix memory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory upgrade Sun Blade 150

I would like to upgrade the memory in my Sun Blade 150 workstation. In reading through Sun's Blade 150 DIMM Installation Guide, it indicates that the memory must be "certified by Sun for the Sun Blade 150 system." Does anyone know if any SDRAM, PC133 • CL=2 • Unbuffered • ECC • 133MHz • 3.3V ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sun blade 100 test-all frozen at pci@1f,0/usb/c,3

platform: sunblade 100 Solaris 10. When running a test-all from the ok prompt on this new (to me) system, it locks up at pci@1f,0/usb/c,3. It's been there for about 25 minutes. I do have a usb keyboard and mouse attached, both are known good. There is no flash stick/ thumb drive... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: montana77
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Blade 100 Disk Compatibility

It's me again, I was taking my Sun Blade 100 apart last night to see what kind of drive I have. It is a Seagate ST320011A Barracuda ATA IV 20 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA/100 IDE. Now 20 gig ain't all that big anymore and I got to thinking about putting a couple bigger drives in there. although I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Blade 100 cdrom problems...

FYI noob to here and sun blades... I have a sun blade 100 and I can't get the cdrom to work. if i try using vold that doesn't seem to work either...maybe i'm not using it correctly. Upon boot you can open/close the cdrom and it runs but after i'm logged in it won't open and i can't access it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaun138
2 Replies

5. Solaris

adding memory to sun blade server ...

Hi, this is my 1st post here, I don't know is it proper or not for the question I have, but I may try ask anyway, since it is question about sun's hw/sw issue... I have my blade 1000 installed additional memory kits, it was originally 2G memory installed on Group0(Bank 0/2) Dimm slots, I got... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netshu
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serial Connection sun blade 100 to pc

Hi, If someone please help as my efforts been exhausted in connecting my sun blade 100 serial to my pc. I am using null modem with DB9(female) in sun blade and DB9(female, using gender change) in pc. I am trying both hyper/putty 9600 8 N 1 configurations. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younics
2 Replies

7. Hardware

Sun Blade T6320 memory configuration

Can you mix DIMMs in a T6320 (sparc) blade? I have read/heard that the DIMMs in a memory bay must be identical but can you have different size DIMMs installed in the blade? For instance, can you have 1 4GB DIMM in bay 0, 2 2GB DIMMs in bay 1, 4 1 GB DIMMs in bay 2 and 2 2GB DIMMs in bay 3 for a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Help with firmware upgrade on blade BL870c

Hi gurus, I was more on the Sun side and now am getting exposure to the HP-UX side of the world. I have to upgrade firmware on BL870c blade. Can some one point to a url or give procedure to follow as I couldn't find much on the web. Thanks Momin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: momin
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reinstalling Solaris 9 on Sun Blade 100

For the past ten years I have owned a blade 100, and I had Solaris 9 running on it. Due to the fact, 9 is woefully out of date, I wanted to try 10, but 10 needed more ram, so I beefed up the ram to the full 2 gig. I have two 15 gig ide drives in the box (stock drives). But unfortunately solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichardET
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Free Sun Blade 2k, Ultra 2, Ross Hyperstation 30, cards, memory- Baltimore, MD

Hi all, My home server was Solaris for quite a while- I started with an Ultra 2 about 20 years ago, ended with a Blade 2000- but I've transitioned to Linux and am not going back. I miss the Solaris experience a bit (but not the Oracle experience), besides running with modern and small and quiet... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpounce32768
0 Replies
rpcsvchost(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     rpcsvchost(8)

NAME
rpcsvchost -- hosting environment for DCE/RPC services SYNOPSIS
rpcsvchost [options] service [service ...] DESCRIPTION
rpcsvchost is a very simple environment for hosting DCE/RPC services. It loads DCE/RPC services from the list of plugins given as arguments, binds to an appropriate set of endpoints and listens for protocol requests. If service is not a relative file name, it is assumed to be the name of a dylib located in /usr/lib/rpcsvc. OPTIONS
-debug, -nodebug rpcsvchost will log debug information and may perform extra diagnostic checks. This option is typically only useful for debugging. -endpoints BINDING [,BINDING] This argument specifies additional endpoints that rpcsvchost should attempt to bind. BINDING must be a comma-separated list of DCE/RPC binding strings that include both the protocol sequence and endpoint fields. -help Prints a usage message and exits. -launchd, -nolaunchd Normally, rpcsvchost attempts to bind all the well-known endpoints specified by the service plugins. If there are no well-known endpoints, it will bind new endpoints on all supported protocol sequences. The -launchd option disables this behavior and causes rpcsvchost to check in with launchd(8) to obtain a set of sockets to bind as protocol endpoints. Launchd sockets vended to rpcsvchost must be named with the appropriate DCE/RPC protocol sequence (eg. "ncacn_np"). -sandbox, -nosandbox When this option is specified, the modules loaded by rpcsvchost will be run in a sandbox. rpcsvchost will attempt to intialize the sandbox using the sandbox profile with the name com.apple.<module-name>.sb. See sandbox(7) for an overview of the sandbox facility. -register, -noregister When this option is specified, rpcsvchost attempts to register the loaded services with the DCE/RPC endpoint mapper. -stdout Causes rpcsvchost to print log messages to standard output instead of the system log. -wait-for-debugger Causes rpcsvchost to wait for a debugger to attach after it has loaded and initialized its plugins. This is useful for debugging instances of rpcsvchost that are launched by launchd(8). DIAGNOSTICS
The rpcsvchost utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
launchd.plist(5), launchd(8), sandbox(7) HISTORY
The rpcsvchost utility first appeared in Mac OS 10.7. Darwin June 1, 2019 Darwin