Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk help,line number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk help,line number Post 302167347 by fpmurphy on Thursday 14th of February 2008 07:02:08 AM
Old 02-14-2008
Code:
awk '{ printf "%s)%s\n", NR, $0 }' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting line number while using AWK

Using AWK, while I am reading the file, I am separating fields based on the ':' & using NF. I also would like to mention line numbers from the file they are originally from. How would I take out the line number for them? I am trying something like following , awk -F":" '{ j=1 for (i=1;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to select a column from particular line number

The awk command awk -F: '{print $1}' test1 gives the first columns of all the lines in file ,is there some command to get a particular column from particular line . Any help is appreciated. thanks arif (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mab_arif16
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing a line number using awk

Hi Chaps, I'm trying to print the line number of a comma delimited file where the second field in the line is blank using AWK. Here is the code I have so far where am I going wrong. It is the last column in the file. nawk -v x==0 'BEGIN {FS=",";OFS=","} x++ if ($2 == " ") print $x' bob.tst ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjsha1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: generate new line number

Hi. I have a script wich reads 1 file and generates 4. If the original file has 10 lines the the sum of the 4 generated files must have the 10 original lines. So far this works. Now what I need is to numerate the lines wtithin each generated file. I tried with NR but it prints the line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - display from line number to regex

Hi. Is there a way in awk to show all lines between a line number and the next line containing a particular regex? We can do these, of course: awk '/regex1/,/regex2/' filename awk 'FNR > X && FNR < Y' filename But can they be combined? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help: Awk to control number of characters per line

Hello all, I have the following problem: My input is two sorted files: file1 >1_19_130_F3 T01220131330230213311013000000110000 >1_23_69_F3 T01200211300200200010000001000000 >1_24_124_F3 T010203113002002111111200002010 file2 >1_19_130_F3 24 18 9 18 23 4 11 4 5 9 5 8 15 20 4 4 7 4... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read contents of a file from a given line number upto line number again specified by user

Hello Everyone. I am trying to display contains of a file from a specific line to a specific line(let say, from line number 3 to line number 5). For this I got the shell script as shown below: if ; then if ; then tail +$1 $3 | head -n $2 else ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Sed/awk/getting line number from file

I Have file1 with below lines : #HostNameSelection=0 :NotUsed #HostNameSelection=1 :Automatic #HostNameSelection=3 :NotForced I have file2 which has similar lines but with different values I want to copy the changes from file1 to file2 ,line by line only if line begins with '#'. for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvr
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk for line number 2

This is what I have so far. xrandr | grep connected | grep -v disconnected | awk '{print $1}' This is my output. LVDS1 TV1 How can I awk for line number 2. The only output I want is TV1. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies
Heimdal Kerberos 5 error reporting functions(3) 	      HeimdalKerberos5library		   Heimdal Kerberos 5 error reporting functions(3)

NAME
Heimdal Kerberos 5 error reporting functions - Functions KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_eai_to_heim_errno (int eai_errno, int system_error) KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_h_errno_to_heim_errno (int eai_errno) KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION void KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_clear_error_message (krb5_context context) KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION void KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_set_error_message (krb5_context context, krb5_error_code ret, const char *fmt,...) __attribute__((format(printf KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_vwarn (krb5_context context, krb5_error_code code, const char *fmt, va_list ap) __attribute__((format(printf Detailed Description Function Documentation KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION void KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_clear_error_message (krb5_context context) Clears the error message from the Kerberos 5 context. Parameters: context The Kerberos 5 context to clear KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_eai_to_heim_errno (int eai_errno, int system_error) Convert the getaddrinfo() error code to a Kerberos et error code. Parameters: eai_errno contains the error code from getaddrinfo(). system_error should have the value of errno after the failed getaddrinfo(). Returns: Kerberos error code representing the EAI errors. KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_h_errno_to_heim_errno (int eai_errno) Convert the gethostname() error code (h_error) to a Kerberos et error code. Parameters: eai_errno contains the error code from gethostname(). Returns: Kerberos error code representing the gethostname errors. KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION void KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_set_error_message (krb5_context context, krb5_error_code ret, const char * fmt, ...) Set the context full error string for a specific error code. The error that is stored should be internationalized. The if context is NULL, no error string is stored. Parameters: context Kerberos 5 context ret The error code fmt Error string for the error code ... printf(3) style parameters. KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_vwarn (krb5_context context, krb5_error_code code, const char * fmt, va_list ap) Log a warning to the log, default stderr, include the error from the last failure. Parameters: context A Kerberos 5 context. code error code of the last error fmt message to print ap arguments Version 1.5.2 11 Jan 2012 Heimdal Kerberos 5 error reporting functions(3)