Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to log DNS activity?
Operating Systems AIX how to log DNS activity? Post 302167138 by HPAVC on Wednesday 13th of February 2008 02:39:02 PM

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Making a Log of user activity in Solaris 10

My first post. I need a simple way to log user activity to a unique file for each user and also if any user su's to root, I would like to capture that activity and have it in the unique file for that user. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: powerrack
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to trace root's activity log

What is the command to check the activity of all users with root access on a Unix platform? Right now, there is like about 20 users with root and someone accidentally made some changes to the crontab and I need to trace which user did it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
5 Replies

4. SuSE

How to log Installation-Activity ??

Hi @ All, short question: i want to log my cpan Installation in a text-File. My first try was cpan -i module | tee /home/install.txt but this donīt logs my inputs, eg. what i typed in when cpan asks where are my progs or which mirror i want. Can somebody help me with this? Regards, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackcracker
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

DNS A-Record point to another DNS

Hi, I have a question on how to point the DNS server-1's A-record to second DNS server, which is DNS server-2. So, the computer can access other domain which only listed in the DNS server-2. The scenario is as follow: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6333/12234.png How to configure this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Network activity log

I am having Red Hat Linux 5.9 installed in my server. There are 2 physical ethernet port in the server and these 2 ports are bonded to 1 bond0 port through linux bonding utility. For some days I am experiencing some fluctuation in server port. I want to analyze the same.How to do that? It may... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
4 Replies

9. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
avahi-dnsconfd(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 avahi-dnsconfd(8)

NAME
avahi-dnsconfd - Unicast DNS server from mDNS/DNS-SD configuration daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-dnsconfd [options] avahi-dnsconfd --kill avahi-dnsconfd --refresh avahi-dnsconfd --check DESCRIPTION
avahi-dnsconfd connects to a running avahi-daemon and runs the script /etc/avahi/dnsconfd.action for each unicast DNS server that is announced on the local LAN. This is useful for configuring unicast DNS servers in a DHCP-like fashion with mDNS. OPTIONS
-D | --daemonize Daemonize after startup and redirect log messages to syslog. -k | --kill Kill an already running avahi-dnsconfd. (equivalent to sending a SIGTERM) -r | --refresh Tell an already running avahi-dnsconfd to refresh the DNS server data. (equivalent to sending a SIGHUP) -c | --check Return 0 as return code when avahi-dnsconfd is already running. -h | --help Show help -v | --version Show version information FILES
/etc/avahi/avahi-dnsconfd.action: the script to run when a DNS server is found or removed. SIGNALS
SIGINT, SIGTERM, SIGQUIT: avahi-dnsconfd will shutdown. This is issued by passing --kill to avahi-daemon. SIGHUP: avahi-dnsconfd will refresh the DNS server data. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-daemon(8), avahi-dnsconfd.action(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-dnsconfd(8)