Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: divide issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers divide issue Post 302166847 by kotasateesh on Wednesday 13th of February 2008 01:29:38 AM
Old 02-13-2008
divide issue

Hi,
I have a issue dividing 2 values in UNIX

a=15
b=100
c = a / b ==> and it is returning 0 instead of 0.15 into variable C.

How can i resolve this issue ? please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script needs to divide by 2

i need to divide this count by 2, what variable can i use in my script? 26 hcscprod_cpus_totals /2 = 13 13 hcncprod_cpus_totals /2= 6.5 541 ktazp_cpus_totals /2= 270.5 346 ktazd_cpus_totals /2=173 110 ktazi_cpus_totals /2=55 10 ktazq_cpus_totals /2=5 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wereyou
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

divide with awk

Dear, i want to devide the first 4 values from a raw over the next 4 values like the following: $1+$2+$3+$4 / $5+$6+$7+$8 using AWK ....can someone help me? Sanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tontal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

divide a string into variables

i have /tmp/dev/string1/testfile.txt i need only testfile.txt How can get that..can anyone helpme out Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to divide results into several pages?

Hi All, I am wondering if anyone can help me with this. I have a long list of results and I want to divide them into several pages. Any ideas of how to do this? I'm using perl languange. eg: Output file consist of 400 data then would like to divide it into 50 data per pages. any help on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kate katherine
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide numbers into intervals

divide input values into specified number (-100 or -200) according to the key (a1 or a2 ....) For ex: if we give -100 in the command line it would create 100 number intervals (1-100, 100-200, 200-300) untill it covers the value 300 in a1. Note: It should work the same even with huge numbers... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruby_sgp
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide variable

Hi All, here D Prints the bytes value .plz help to convert the variable D value to MB in new variable $E D=`more $C |awk '{print $6;}'` Thanks in Advance.:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide two variable

F= `expr $E/$S` output test5.sh: line 45: 1296863.27001857757568359375/21997: No such file or directory can any one help me ,i just want to divide the $E/$S and Print o/p in F. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide by zero script

Hi, I've been working on a few scripts and have been getting great info. How, would I include in the below script, how I would let a user know that if they divide a SECOND number by zero, that they would get a divide by zero error? What's the easiest way of working this? Cordially, joe. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jefferj54
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To divide file

We have large log files, and we need to extract last four hours lines only, Please let us know the command. Thanks, Saurau. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurau
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide the numbers in file

Dear ALL, I have sample file : tx_bytes: 2422, tx_packets: 13, uptime: 16119, tx_bytes: 2342, tx_packets: 14, uptime: 11009, tx_bytes: 252, tx_packets: 12, uptime: 3113, my formula : minutes=$(( uptime/60%60 )) hours=$(( uptime/60/60%24 )) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnulyn
3 Replies
ditz(1) 																   ditz(1)

NAME
ditz - simple, light-weight distributed issue tracker SYNOPSIS
ditz [ options ] command [ arguments ] To list all available commands, use ditz help. To get help for a specific command, use ditz help command. DESCRIPTION
Ditz is a simple, light-weight distributed issue tracker designed to work with distributed version control systems like darcs and git. Ditz maintains an issue database directory on disk, with files written in a line-based and human- editable format. This directory is kept under version control alongside project code. Changes in issue state is handled by version control like code change: included as part of a com- mit, merged with changes from other developers, conflict-resolved in the standard manner, etc. Ditz provides a simple, console-based interface for creating and updating the issue database files, and some rudimentary HTML generation capabilities for producing world-readable status pages. It offers no central public method of bug submission. AUTHOR
ditz was written by William Morgan <wmorgan-ditz@masanjin.net>. This manpage was written for the Debian package of ditz by Christian Garbs <debian@cgarbs.de>. LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2008 William Morgan. This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 0.5 ditz(1)