Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing a configuration Test tile Post 302166222 by alamitab on Monday 11th of February 2008 10:56:25 AM
Old 02-11-2008
lp -dprinter_name $(grep "high" file)

or

grep "high" file > file
lp -dprinter_name file

you can try....

Last edited by alamitab; 02-11-2008 at 04:06 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

A test to ensure TCP/IP configuration is complete

Greetings. I have Debian lenny, and at the moment only the bare bones install, no GUI. I'm connecting via wireless to a Linksys router on a home network, and I manually configured a fixed ip etc during the install. I have not attempted to use any higher level apps such as ftp or telnet or apt yet.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fguy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the test file

Hello, I want to retrieve the rows with uniq count(column 4) for every *ref gene(column 7) on the basis of strand(column8 ) and tss(column 5). If a ref gene has same number of count and it is on negative strand then keep the row with its highest tss and likewise* If a ref gene has same number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCW_123
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)