Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Three scripts I need help with. Post 302165921 by kallell on Saturday 9th of February 2008 11:20:14 PM
Old 02-10-2008
a

I got the SMS part to work, i think the hardest one will be the first script. If anyone has any ideas...or even to point in the right direction it would be appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with scripts

script that ask for "enter a file name" and removes that file and asks for confirmation before deletion if executed the output might look as enter the filename you intent to deleted remover file? Y file deleterd I knwo the comand I would use find . -name *.* -ok rm {}\; I guess... can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiTo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling expect scripts from other expect scripts

Hi, First, let me explain the issue I am trying to solve. We have a lot of expect scripts with the duplicated send/expect commands. So, I'd like to be able to extract the duplicated code into the common scripts that can be used by other scripts. Below is my test where I am trying to call... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: seva
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Profile scripts versus rc scripts....

what is the difference between login and profile scripts versus the rc scripts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookie22
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Script using rsh and scripts within scripts

Hi, I've written a script that runs on a Database server. It has to shutdown the Application server, do an Oracle Dump and then restart the Application server. Its been a long time since I wrote any shells scripts. Can you tell me if the scripts that I execute within my script will be executed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brockwile1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling scripts from with scripts

Hi all, I'm wondering if you could give me some advice. I am new to scripting and am getting rather frustrated that i can get my script to call another script if certain criteria is met, via command line, but I cannot get the same script to work thru the cron jobs. My first script monitors... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: echoes
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies
GAMMU-SMSD-FILES(7)						       Gammu						       GAMMU-SMSD-FILES(7)

NAME
gammu-smsd-files - gammu-smsd(1) backend using filesystem as a message storage DESCRIPTION
FILES backend stores all data on a filesystem in folders defined by configuration (see gammu-smsdrc for description of configuration options). RECEIVING OF MESSAGES
Received messages are stored in a folder defined by configuration. The filename will be IN<date>_<time>_<serial>_<sender>_<sequence>.<ext>, for example NN20021130_021531_00_+45409000931640979_00.txt. Explanation of fields: <date> date in format YYYYMMDD <time> time in format HHMMSS <sender> sender number <serial> order of a message (in case more messages were received at same time), in format NN <sequence> part of the message for multipart messages, in format NN <ext> txt for text message, 8-bit messages are stored with bin extension, smsbackup for gammu-smsbackup The content of the file is content of the message and the format is defined by configuration directive InboxFormat (see gammu-smsdrc). TRANSMITTING OF MESSAGES
Transmitted messages are read from a folder defined by configuration. The filename should be one of the following formats: o OUT<recipient>.<ext> o OUT<priority>_<recipient>_<serial>.<ext> o OUT<priority><date>_<time>_<serial>_<recipient>_<note>.<ext> Explanation of fields: <recipient> recipient number where to send message <priority> an alphabetic character (A-Z) A = highest priority <ext> txt for normal text SMS, smsbackup for gammu-smsbackup <note> any artibrary text which is ignored For text messages, you can additionally append flags to extension: d delivery report requested f flash SMS b WAP bookmark as name,URL Other fields are same as for received messages. For example OUTG20040620_193810_123_+4512345678_xpq.txtdf is a flash text SMS requesting delivery reports. SMSes will be transmitted sequentially based on the file name. The contents of the file is the SMS to be transmitted (in Unicode or stan- dard character set). The contents of the file is the SMS to be transmitted (in Unicode or standard character set), for WAP bookmarks it is split on as Name,URL, for text messages whole file content is used. Please note that if file is not in Unicode, encoding is detected based on locales, which do not have to be configured if SMSD is running from init script. If this is your case, please add locales definition to init script. AUTHOR
Michal iha <michal@cihar.com> COPYRIGHT
2009-2012, Michal iha <michal@cihar.com> 1.31.90 February 24, 2012 GAMMU-SMSD-FILES(7)