Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ypbind wont bind?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ypbind wont bind? Post 302165702 by jack1962 on Friday 8th of February 2008 01:23:54 PM
Old 02-08-2008
What OS are you trying to run this on?
Do you have other clients bound to the NIS host?
What is in /etc/defaultdomain?
What is in /etc/yp.conf?
Is the NIS master in your /etc/hosts file?
What do the following commands return...

ypwhich
domainname

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache wont start

Hi, like a lot of people that post here, I am new at UNIX. The only UNIX I have ever messed with is my iBook running MacOSX (10.1). I have a grasp of the basic commands and understanding of the system but only to a point. I searched the archive and FreeBSD.org and apache.org but I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alpha_Harblo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitor wont come on...

I know this may not be the right forum, but here goes. Last night I was playing my favorite game Everquest and my monitor goes blank... I was able to save out of my game and shut it down... My question is this: I thought my monitor had died but this morning I was able to get it to come back... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
6 Replies

3. Solaris

file wont remove

check this out ls -l nmo* -rwsr-s--- 1 root dba 19312 Mar 31 14:44 nmo -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 0 May 19 2004 nmo0 -rwxr-x--- 1 oracle dba 16512 Mar 31 14:44 nmocat # rm nmo0 nmo0: No such file or directory # id uid=0(root) gid=1(other) what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
8 Replies

4. Solaris

SMC wont start

Today I attempted to use SMC for the first time on SUNSVR01 since 4 November. The SMC toolbox loads just fine but when I attempt to run any of the tools in SMC, I get red stop signs with labels like "com.sun.admin.hostmgr.client.vhostmgr" in the GUI. At the bottom of the screen, I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjseaman
0 Replies

5. Solaris

ypbind - multiple instances starting

I have built this Solaris 10 server, uses NIS. When the server starts up, two instances of ypbind start. This prevents the server from binding to any domain. The SMF in turn prevents any other network services (sshd and the like) from starting up. Has anyone seen this problem before? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Wont boot

I am new to HP-UX. I have a external SCSI drive with HP-UX on it. I was trying to clone it to another external scsi drive. I added the new drive to existing LVM. Then I used dd command. But it failed with I/O error. Now I cannot boot it from original drive. It's saying panic: LVM: Configuration... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: forhad
11 Replies

7. HP-UX

ypbind start/stop

Hi, How to start or stop ypbind on HP-UX machine. Searched a little but could not find. thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jredx
2 Replies

8. AIX

check the status of ypbind

hello , How do i to check the status of ypbind on AIX(5.3) platform ? Thanks AVK Linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avklinux
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script wont run

$ ls -l total 44 drwx------ 2 ivanachu users 512 Dec 6 19:15 VILEARN -rw------- 1 ivanachu users 74 Dec 5 18:42 cond -rwx------ 1 ivanachu users 97 Dec 5 21:30 cond2 -rwxrwxrwx 1 ivanachu users 4979 Feb 10 22:42 createHAqmgr.ksh -rw------- 1 ivanachu users 28 Dec 4... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivanachukapawn
10 Replies
defaultdomain(4)						   File Formats 						  defaultdomain(4)

NAME
defaultdomain - specify host's domain name SYNOPSIS
/etc/defaultdomain DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/defaultdomain determines a host's domain name for direct use by the NIS and NIS+ name services. The defaultdomain file is read at boot time and its contents used by the domainname(1M) command. Because of its use by domainname, defaultdomain is also used by the LDAP service (see ldap(1)). Under certain, narrow circumstances (see resolv.conf(4)), because domainname uses defaultdomain, a DNS client can use the contents of defaultdomain. The contents of defaultdomain consists of a single line containing a host's domain name. SEE ALSO
NIS+(1), uname(1), ldapclient(1M), nisclient(1M), ypbind(1M), ypinit(1M), resolv.conf(4) NOTES
The defaultdomain file is created and modified by Solaris installation and configuration scripts. Only users knowledgeable of name service configuration should edit the file. SunOS 5.11 22 February 2000 defaultdomain(4)