Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Equivalent for iostat -e in AIX HP-UX Linux Post 302164940 by prasi_in on Wednesday 6th of February 2008 08:41:16 AM
Old 02-06-2008
Equivalent for iostat -e in AIX HP-UX Linux

iostat -e gives the soft, hard and transport error information in Solaris.
What is the equivalent command in the other flavors of Unix AIX HP Linux.

Thanks
Prasi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX make_tape_recovery equivalent for AIX?

I've tried the "UNIX Rosetta Stone" and googling to no avail, and ideas anyone? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snoop equivalent for AIX

is there a snoop equivalent in other flavors of unix? for AIX IBM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcasares
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help wantyed to understand iostat -D in AIX 5.3

Hi, I am new to AIX and I am trying to look into a performance issue with an C-Isam based application that uses Asynchronous IO. I ran iostat -D to have a look at the disks and saw what seemed to be some big figures ocurring in the queues section such as waits in the service queue of 3.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harpo_HK
2 Replies

4. AIX

ignite equivalent in AIX

Hi All, Does AIX has utility like ignite server to make remote os installation using image (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayannair
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX equivalent to MS IIS?

Chaps, We are migrating our corporate systems off Windows and Solaris to IBM AIX 6 using LPARs and VMWare across the board. One thing I'm not sure of is what is the AIX equivalent of IIS - the Internet Information Service? Do I need Apache web server (isn't that on Linux)? Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmslater99
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

summing up iostat values in AIX

Friends, I have to run iostat -d on my AIX machine and print the sum of the output in tps column per iteration. can any one pls guide me how to do this using awk. here is the sample output iostat -d 2 2 | awk '!/System/ && !/Disks/ && !/cd/ && !/^$/ {print $4}' 2.0 3.0 1.0 3.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding greatest value in a column using awk from iostat output in linux

Friends, . On linux i have to run iostat command and in each iteration have to print the greatest value in each column. e.g iostat -dt -kx 2 2 | awk ' !/sd/ &&!/%util/ && !/Time/ && !/Linux/ {print $12}' 4.38 0.00 0.00 0.00 What i would like to print is only the... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding greatest value in a column using awk from iostat output in linux

Friends, Need some help. On linux i have to run iostat command and in each iteration have to print the greatest value in each column. e.g iostat -dt -kx 2 2 | awk ' !/sd/ &&!/%util/ && !/Time/ && !/Linux/ {print $12}' 4.38 0.00 0.00 0.00 WHhat i would like to... (15 Replies)
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX and HP-UX equivalent of Linux stat command

To list file permission/access right in octal format, linux has a command 'stat'. For example, we can use the followin - stat -c %a `find . -type f Is there any equivalent command in AIX and HP-UX to give the same result as linux 'stat' command? Please advice. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
3 Replies

10. AIX

Need grep -v Equivalent for AIX

Need grep -v "Hello" equivalent for AIX (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
plimit(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         plimit(1)

NAME
plimit - get or set the resource limits of running processes SYNOPSIS
plimit [-km] pid... plimit {-cdfnstv} soft,hard... pid... DESCRIPTION
If one or more of the cdfnstv options is specified, plimit sets the soft (current) limit and/or the hard (maximum) limit of the indicated resource(s) in the processes identified by the process-ID list, pid. Otherwise plimit reports the resource limits of the processes identi- fied by the process-ID list, pid. Only the owner of a process or the super-user is permitted either to get or to set the resource limits of a process. Only the super-user can increase the hard limit. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -k On output, show file sizes in kilobytes (1024 bytes) rather than in 512-byte blocks. -m On output, show file and memory sizes in megabytes (1024*1024 bytes). The remainder of the options are used to change specified resource limits. They each accept an argument of the form: soft,hard where soft specifies the soft (current) limit and hard specifies the hard (maximum) limit. If the hard limit is not specified, the comma may be omitted. If the soft limit is an empty string, only the hard limit is set. Each limit is either the literal string unlimited, or a number, with an optional scaling factor, as follows: nk n kilobytes nm n megabytes (minutes for CPU time) nh n hours (for CPU time only) mm:ss minutes and seconds (for CPU time only) The soft limit cannot exceed the hard limit. -c soft,hard Set core file size limits (default unit is 512-byte blocks). -d soft,hard Set data segment (heap) size limits (default unit is kilobytes). -f soft,hard Set file size limits (default unit is 512-byte blocks). -n soft,hard Set file descriptor limits (no default unit). -s soft,hard Set stack segment size limits (default unit is kilobytes). -t soft,hard Set CPU time limits (default unit is seconds). -v soft,hard Set virtual memory size limits (default unit is kilobytes). OPERANDS
The following operands are supported. pid Process ID list. EXIT STATUS
plimit returns the exit value zero on success, non-zero on failure (such as no such process, permission denied, or invalid option). FILES
/proc/pid/* process information and control files ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ulimit(1), proc(1), getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2), proc(4), attributes(5), SunOS 5.10 8 Jun 1998 plimit(1)