Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting urgent-extracting block data from flat file using shell script Post 302164897 by shirish_cd on Wednesday 6th of February 2008 07:19:01 AM
Old 02-06-2008
to clarify more
below will be content of file

start of log
One
two
three
end of log
. i dont want start of log and end of log rows to be redirected to new file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file and extracting the useful data block

Greetings All!! I have a very peculiar problem where I have to parse a big text file and extract useful data out of it with starting and ending block pattern matching. e.g. I have a input file like this: sample data block1 sample data start useful data end sample data block2 sample... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arminder
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script extracting the incorrect data from text file

Hello, A script has been written to extract a specific column data from a text file ONLY if the user's initial input matches the the data of the first column in the text, then only the data from that row will be prinited. The problem I am having is that the code is only reading the records... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from https server with the help of unix shell script

There is a folder which can be accessed through URL by giving a particular Username and Password.Inside the folder there are few excel sheets.The excel sheets/folder need to be imported from there to unix box with the help of unix shell script. Can anyone help me?Does anyone have code for it?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanur
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Reformat a flat file

Hi , I have a text file noname.txt containing 1000+ records like this. One of the record I have given below. Input will b e like this BOT: 2010/06/01 00:25:59 21 = "private" Access-Method = 31 NCC = GBR 01 = "340806@osiris.fr.ft" 04 =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smalya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data into flat file thru unix

Hi, I need to extract a oracle staging table to a flat file thru unix batch process.We are expecting more than 4million records in the table.I know I can do it using "UTL_FILE" .But,since "UTL_FILE" takes a lot of time I am looking for better options.Can any body suggest some better options? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beena
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting email addresses from a flat file

All, I have a flat file which contains an email address in every line. I am trying to find a way to extract all the email addresses delimited by comma (,). Can you please show me a way, it will be very helpful, thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sed_beginner19
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from file-shell scripting--please help

hello friends, my file is like 123 |asd|asd|asd 123_1|awd|asw|asw 121 |wer|qwe|wee 124 |weq|qwe|iop 1_23 |bla|blh|bha 145 |ghj|jkl|ghj 146 |qwe|qwe|wer 154 |asd|wer|qw_e 134_5|qwe|wer|qw_e is their any solution to retrive only those lines which are having only 3 numerical letters... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: PankajChawla
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT HELP!!! Extracting db table into flat file

Hi All, I am writing a shell script to extract oracle table into a pipe dilemited flat file. Below is my code and I have attached two files that I have abled to generate so far. 1. Table.txt ==> database extract file 2. flat.txt ==> pipe delimited after some manipulation of the original db... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
IPROP-LOG(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      IPROP-LOG(8)

NAME
iprop-log -- maintain the iprop log file SYNOPSIS
iprop-log [--version] [-h | --help] command iprop-log truncate [-c file | --config-file=file] [-r string | --realm=string] [-h | --help] iprop-log dump [-c file | --config-file=file] [-r string | --realm=string] [-h | --help] iprop-log replay [--start-version=version-number] [--end-version=version-number] [-c file | --config-file=file] [-r string | --realm=string] [-h | --help] DESCRIPTION
Supported options: --version -h, --help command can be one of the following: truncate -c file, --config-file=file configuration file -r string, --realm=string realm Truncates the log. Sets the new logs version number for the to the last entry of the old log. If the log is truncted by emptying the file, the log will start over at the first version (0). dump -c file, --config-file=file configuration file -r string, --realm=string realm Print out all entries in the log to standard output. replay --start-version=version-number start replay with this version --end-version=version-number end replay with this version -c file, --config-file=file configuration file -r string, --realm=string realm Replay the changes from specified entries (or all if none is specified) in the transaction log to the database. last-version -c file, --config-file=file configuration file -r string, --realm=string realm prints the version of the last log entry. SEE ALSO
iprop(8) BSD
February 18, 2007 BSD