Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unescaping special characters Post 302164889 by stevie_velvet on Wednesday 6th of February 2008 06:59:20 AM
Old 02-06-2008
Escaping special characters (at least in SED), is the foward slash key '\''

e.g. http://
=
http\:\/\/website.com\/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see special characters in a file using vi

Hi, I have a file which has special characters. I can't see them when I "vi" the file. But I am sure there are some special un seen characters. How can I see them? Please help. Thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED with Special characters

Hello All Seeking the right one SED command. My attempt is: From orginal.txt by SED to target.txt sed -i "/('outbound-callerid/a\$ext->add($context, $exten, '', new ext_SipAddHeader('P-Preferred-Identity', '<sip:${CALLERID(nummer)}@carrier.com>'));" orginal.txtWhat am make wrong?:wall: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdbinder
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters

I have a line ending with special character and 0 The special character is the field separator for this line in VI mode the file will look like below, but while cat the special character wont display i know the hexa code for the special character ^_ is \x1f and ascii code is \0037, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with special Characters

Need Help For GREP I have a file say g1.txt and content of file is below REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v NoDrives /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f , REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v NoClose /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f ,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalpasoni
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with special characters....

grep -i "$line,$opline" COMBO_JUNK|awk -F, ' { C4+=$4 } { } END { print C4 } ' OFS=,` when i run this command in the script.... it o/p all the value as 0 if $line contains any special parameters..... but the same script if i run in command prompt... it shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies
CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options					  CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH - enable directory wildcard transfers SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH, long onoff); DESCRIPTION
Set onoff to 1 if you want to transfer multiple files according to a file name pattern. The pattern can be specified as part of the CUR- LOPT_URL(3) option, using an fnmatch-like pattern (Shell Pattern Matching) in the last part of URL (file name). By default, libcurl uses its internal wildcard matching implementation. You can provide your own matching function by the CUR- LOPT_FNMATCH_FUNCTION(3) option. A brief introduction of its syntax follows: * - ASTERISK ftp://example.com/some/path/*.txt (for all txt's from the root directory) ? - QUESTION MARK Question mark matches any (exactly one) character. ftp://example.com/some/path/photo?.jpeg [ - BRACKET EXPRESSION The left bracket opens a bracket expression. The question mark and asterisk have no special meaning in a bracket expression. Each bracket expression ends by the right bracket and matches exactly one character. Some examples follow: [a-zA-Z0-9] or [f-gF-G] - character interval [abc] - character enumeration [^abc] or [!abc] - negation [[:name:]] class expression. Supported classes are alnum,lower, space, alpha, digit, print, upper, blank, graph, xdigit. [][-!^] - special case - matches only '-', ']', '[', '!' or '^'. These characters have no special purpose. [[]\] - escape syntax. Matches '[', ']' or ''. Using the rules above, a file name pattern can be constructed: ftp://example.com/some/path/[a-z[:upper:]\].jpeg PROTOCOLS
This feature is only supported for FTP download. EXAMPLE
See https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/ftp-wildcard.html AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.21.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_FNMATCH_FUNCTION(3), CURLOPT_URL(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3)