Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remove part of a line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove part of a line Post 302164802 by alamitab on Wednesday 6th of February 2008 01:15:45 AM
Old 02-06-2008
cat file | grep proc | awk -F"$" '{ print $1 }'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove certain part of file name

Hi, Is it possible to remove the first part of the file name using find. i.e i have something like 2006abc.txt , 1007bed.txt etc, I wanna rename them to abc.txt , bed.txt I tried some stupid way.. find . -name '*.txt' -exec mv {} `cut -f2-5 -d"_" {}` \; somehow iam not getting it. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove part of the file

I have an xml file, from where I need to take out Application2 entries and keep the others. I need to remove from <product> to </product> and the key element to look for while removing should be <application> as other pairs can be same for others. <product> ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Sed to remove part of line with regex

Greetings everyone. Right now I am working on a script to be used during automated deployment of servers. What I have to do is remove localhost.localdomain and localhost6.localdomain6 from the /etc/hosts file. Simple, right? Except most of the examples I've found using sed want to delete the entire... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove part of a string from second field

I have a file in below format (pipe delimited): 1234__abc|John__abc|xyz 3345__abc|Kate__abc|xyz 55344|Linda__abc|xyz 33434|Murray|xyz I want to remove any occurence of "__abc" in the second field of this file. I did some research and found a way to replace the entire second field with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajv
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove bracket part

Hi I have to remove in a file in first column whatever is written in brackets with brackets so one file hgfd 123 gfhdj 483 jdgfdg 34738 the output shuld be hgfd 123 gfhdj 483 jdgfdg 34738 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text file, comparing a value in a line, and placing only part of the line in a variable?

I need some help. I would like to read in a text file. Take a variable such as ROW-D-01, compare it to what's in one line in the text file such as PROD/VM/ROW-D-01 and only input PROD/VM into a variable without the /ROW-D-01. Is this possible? any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xChristopher
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the date part of the file?

Hi Gurus, I have file name like: abcd.20131005.dat I need to remove mid part of data final name should be abcd.dat thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove part of the file using a condition

Gents, Is there the chance to remove part of the file, Taking in consideration this condition. For each record the first row start with the string % VE should be 56 rows for each records.. first row = % VE last row = % sw total 56 rows for each record. Then in the case that the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove part of the line from start of the line?

Hello, I am java command from a shell script which will generate the below output on the command prompt signature Base64 :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetanojha
10 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)