Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help setting up a home solaris private network Post 302164650 by theninja on Tuesday 5th of February 2008 12:19:20 PM
Old 02-05-2008
The ip you get is from your router/dsl modem not from the ISP. The ip address's of 192.168.x.x are coming from DHCP on the router. 192.168.0.1 would be the ip of your router, you can login to it via a web browser and configure a new internal ip range. Check the router manual for instructions.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

private network to private network gateway

i have one private network with one ip address, and i have a seperate network on a seperate ip address. now, each network is behind a firewall/router. now what i want to do is be able to access one server on the second network from a computer on the first., but with the private ip address, (this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Private network

Hi all, Currently we are in the progress of setting up a private network on all of our Sun Solaris servers. Purpose is to move all backup tasks to the private, hence reduce load on public network. Some of our servers only consists of 1 network card but with several ports. Shall we purchase... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
10 Replies

3. IP Networking

Able to ping server's private network

Hi guys, I'm in the progress of setting up a private network in our Sun solaris platform. Existing ip: 172.16.102.101 New private ip: 192.168.2.3 Netmask is the same for both private & public 255.255.255.0 After setting up the ip, I'm able to ping this private ip address from our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

Setting up private and public ip on same machine.

Hi, We have a ftp server which is running on public ip and out side of firewall. Users out side of our network and users of our local network both using the same public ip and doing upload and downloading. Last few days we are facing bandwidth problem as internal network users increased. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abduljabbar_11
1 Replies

5. Solaris

ssh private keys stored on home server

Where in the world are the ssh private keys stored on the home server? I know the public keys are renamed to authorized_keys under the /export/home//.ssh directory on the remote server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

How does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network?

how does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network? Example: My PC has ip 192.168.134.100 Router has ip 192.168.134.200 My company's ip 202.52.150.33 When i try to access internet, say google, it traverses from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Private Network

Hello, I have a desktop which has two network cards installed on it and I connected these two card through a hub. On the desktop in have installed a Windows Vista Home Edition SO and a Windowx XP SO in a virtual way. I also had intalled a Virtual BOX software and Windows XP run through it. By... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zendcool
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up a private path

Hi all, This is probably a very simple question but I couldn't even think of how to phrase it intelligently so google could tell me the answer. Basically I am a user on a server, I am not the admin and do not have root privileges. I have downloaded a bunch of programs that I need to use and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavyK1984
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up a home network for learning Linux

I am working on learning Linux, and somebody suggested setting up Linux on a separate computer, and searching for answers to whatever may be needed, on a different computer plugged in to the Internet. I have a Windows 7 PC, plugged in to a cable modem, and an old notebook, Compaq Presario R3000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdultFoundry
5 Replies
xorp(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   xorp(1)

NAME
xorpsh -- XORP Command Shell SYNOPSIS
xorpsh [-c command] [-t directory] [-e] [-h] [-v] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the xorpsh command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. xorpsh is the command used to interact with a eXtensible Open Router Platform (XORP) router. This command starts up a command line inter- face (CLI), that allows the configuration of the router and monitoring of the router state. The xorpsh command provides an interactive command shell to a XORP user, similar in many ways to the role played by a Unix shell. In a production router xorpsh might be set up as an user's login shell - they would login to the router via ssh and be directly in the xorpsh. It can also be run directly from the Unix command line. xorpsh should normally be run as a regular user; it is neither necessary or desirable to run it as root. If an user is to be permitted to make changes to the running router configuration, that user needs to be in the Unix group xorp. The Debian package installation automatically sets up both a xorp user and a xorp group to which this user belongs. However, any user can run the xorpsh command unless locally restricted by the administrator. OPTIONS
xorpsh allows the following options: -h Show summary of options. -v Print verbose information. -c command Specify command(s) to execute. -t directory Specify templates directory. -e Exit immediately if cannot connect to the rtrmgr SEE ALSO
xorp_rtrmgr (8) This program is documented fully in the Xorp User Manual, chapter Command Structure, available at /usr/share/doc/xorp-doc/ in Debian sys- tems when the xorp-doc package is installed. AUTHOR
XORP is Copyright (c) 2001-2009 XORP, Inc. This manual page was written by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino jfs@debian.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). For licensing details please see /usr/share/doc/xorp/copyright. xorp(1)