Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep ^M in file using perl script.... Post 302164545 by zedex on Tuesday 5th of February 2008 06:42:42 AM
Old 02-05-2008
Question

thanx ghostdog74 for your reply ...

here is the file i am trying to check for presense of ^M. following is the output produced on unix server
Code:
$cat -v texx
hi ^M
what are you
tying to ^M
do
$
$te.pl texx
hi i am
tying to
$
$cat te.pl
#! /usr/bin/perl
while (<>) {
       print if $_ =~ /\cM\n/g;;
}
$

is there any other way of doing this other than using reg-ex ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing grep inside perl file

Hi have one Perl file inside that i am defining at an array file. @temp_vmdk_files = `grep vmdk '$guest_vmx'` where my $guest_vmx=/vmfs/volumes/47e40fec-9c8bb7f7-d076-001422159f8a/BES Exchange/BES-Exchange.vmx and i am just want to do grep of "vmdk" files from the above path but when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bp_vardhaman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] PERL Script - grep multiple lines

Hi Gurus, I need some help with the "grep" command or whatever command that you think suitable for me. I'm about to write a perl script to extract a report from the system and submit it to the end users. The input for the script will consist of 3 element. 1) Generation ID 2) Month 3) Year... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: miskin
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to grep 2 words from Perl Script results in Terminal....

Hey guys. I have a .pl script that scans my hosts to see if they are down or up. I can run it anytime I want. The script uses a conf file that contains text lines of the IP addresses of the servers. I run the script from the command line of my terminal (MAC OS) I run: sudo ./scanner.pl brings... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyoyo777
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern grep using Perl in .TSV file

Hi All, I have a .TSV extension file having ~1 Gig data and I need to grep a pattern in that file using perl. I am not able to read the file using perl any suggestions on this/ If I Change the format my data gets mismangled so I am bothered about using specific format as well. #!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmsenthil
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Grep open file more then once.

Hi, I am using File::Find to go through a very large tree. I am looking for all xml files and open only those that contain a tag <Updated>. I then want to capture the contents of two tags <Old> and <New>. My problem is, after I open the file and do the first grep for <Updated> (which does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: OldGaf
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] perl and grep: get a script to look at more then one file

hi guys i have this very messy script, that looks in /var/log/messages.all for an error and reports if it finds the key works how can i get it to look at more then one file, i.e /var/log/message.all * so it looks in old logs as well thanks exit 0 if (isRenderNode(hostname)); my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies

7. Programming

Unix grep in perl script

Hello, Fairly simple really I have an xml file and I want to check to see if it contains a pattern. The pattern is "../" On the command line I can type: grep "\.\./" myFile.xml and I get desired result. To do the same thing in a perl script I thought it was as simple as putting the ``... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaymoney
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell or perl script using grep and regex

Hi, I have file stored in a directory containing information about subnet mask and next hop address in the following format 10.1.1.0/16, 255.255.0.0, 10.1.1.1 10.1.2.0/16, 255.255.0.0,10.1.2.1 here 10.1.1.0/16 represent range of ip address 10.1.1.1-10.1.1.16 given say an IP address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: termeric
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a perl script similiar to grep -r 'word' /path/to/dir"

Hi , i am looking for a perl script to grep for a string in all files inside a directory . bash command . grep -r 'word' /path/to/dir Thanks, Nvil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nevil
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the exact process in perl script

I am working on one script where I need to grep the exact process in perl script. for e.g. when I run simple grep command on the linux machine it gives me two process mGateway_mvc_q01 and mGateway_mvc_q01_v7 which is not the correct result.I tried to use ( ps -eAf | grep ^mGateway_mvc_q01$) but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)