Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use ftp command in shell script Post 302164493 by infyanurag on Tuesday 5th of February 2008 03:41:47 AM
Old 02-05-2008
Use ftp command in shell script

How can i use FTP Command in a shell script ?

user='user1'
password='password1'
IP='***.***.***.***'

ftp -n $IP 22 <<END_SCRIPT
user $user $password
exit
END_SCRIPT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script for ftp

Hi ,, I am wrting a shell script to ftp a file from remote server but its giving some problem to me.can you help me in debugging this. #!/usr/bin/ksh HOST="some ip" user="user_name" passwd="password" ftp -n $HOST >>END_SCRIPT USER $user $passwd binary prompt get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp with shell script

Can I ftp to put file with shell script(as bath file) ? Plz give the simple code to do that. My script look like that #!/bin/sh echo "Start ftp" ftp temphost <<EOF put file quit EOF # end This code ignore username & password but I need to input. How to input username &... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aungomarin
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use ftp is a shell script

Hi, What i would like to do is to use a shell script connect to a remote computer and download files from a specific directory. I wrote the following script. #!/bin/sh HOST='IP' USER='yourid' PASSWD='yourpw' FILE='*.txt' REMOTEPATH=/incoming/MSC/ ftp $HOST <<END_SCRIPT user $USER... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in exit status of the command in a shell script-FTP

Hi All, I have developed below script for FTP a file from unix machine to another machine. ftpToABC () { USER='xyz' PASSWD='abc' echo "open xx.yy.zbx.aaa user $USER $PASSWD binary echo "put $1 abc.txt" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ echo "quit" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ ftp -ivn <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP shell script

Hi I am new in UNIX field. I don't know if I am posting in right forum or not. And I have also found out that there are so many posts about ftp shell scripting. I have tried those but actually having some problem. Well, my script should do the following..... It finds files( the filename ended... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek_510
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell script for FTP

#!/usr/bin/ksh export filename=/grid/PowerCenter/inbound/AT/filelist.txt export SOURCE_DIR=/grid/PowerCenter/inbound/AT export ICOMS_FTP_TGT_DIR1=/dw/input/ATU/ICOM_SERV1 export ICOMS_FTP_TGT_DIR2=/dw/input/AT/ICOM_SERV2 export FILE_MASK="ATRPU_RP_ATU" echo "start" ftp_data_file() { ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsmeruga
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP within a SHELL script

I am running the following on linux (on a mac): filename="/Users/thisfilename.txt" hostname="ftp.mysite.com" username="myusername" password="mypassword" echo '=======FTP========' ftp -un $hostname <<EOF quote USER $username quote PASS $password binary put $filename quit EOF I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: globalnerds
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for ftp files passed in command line argument

i want to write a shell script function that will ftp the files passed in the command line . i have written a shell script for ftp but how will it do for all files passed in command line argument , i am passing 4 files as argument ./ftp.sh file1 file2 file3 file4 code written by me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP command issue in shell script

Hi All I am using following code in my shell script to send the file to a mainframe server. ftp -in $FTP_IP_SEND <<END_OF_FTP >$LOG_DIR/ProviderExportFTP.log quote user $FTP_USER_SEND quote pass $FTP_PASS_SEND ascii send ./ProviderExport.txt 'PROJ.PDRCACTS.FD87050.EXPORT' (REPLACE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjith180282
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies
IO::All::FTP(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::All::FTP(3pm)

NAME
IO::All::FTP - Extends IO::All to FTP URLs SYNOPSIS
use IO::All; "hello world " > io('ftp://localhost/test/x'); # save to FTP io('ftp//example.org/pub/xyz') > io('xyz'); # GET to file # two ways of getting a file with a password: $content < io('ftp://me:secret@example.org/xyz'); $content < io('ftp://example.org/xyz')->user('me')->password('secret'); DESCRIPTION
This module extends IO::All for dealing with FTP URLs. Note that you don't need to use it explicitly, as it is autoloaded by IO::All whenever it sees something that looks like an FTP URL. METHODS
This is a subclass of IO::All::LWP. The only new method is "ftp", which can be used to create a blank IO::All::FTP object; or it can also take an FTP URL as a parameter. Note that in most cases it is simpler just to call io('ftp//example.com'), which calls the "ftp" method automatically. OPERATOR OVERLOADING
The same operators from IO::All may be used. < GETs an FTP URL; > PUTs to an FTP URL. SEE ALSO
IO::All::LWP, IO::All, LWP. AUTHORS
Ivan Tubert-Brohman <itub@cpan.org> and Brian Ingerson <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007. Ivan Tubert-Brohman and Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.10.0 2007-03-29 IO::All::FTP(3pm)