Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk parsing problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk parsing problem Post 302163752 by radoulov on Saturday 2nd of February 2008 05:50:32 AM
Old 02-02-2008
Code:
awk '/^CP/{printf "%s\n----\n%s %s %s\n%s %s %s\n\nTOTAL %d\n\n\n",
$1,$95,$96,$98+$99,$179,$180,$182+$183,$98+$99+$182+$183
}' RS= filename

If the above code doesn't work, post a bigger sample from your datafile.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

I need to separate out the contents in the string "xyz","1233","cm_asdfasdf" as xyz,1233,cm_asdfasdf Can anyone help me on this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sushir03
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

Hi, i need to parse a string which looks like this "xyz","1233","cm_asdfasdf" (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

I need to parse a string which looks like "xyx","sdfsdf","asf_asdf" into var1="xyx" var2="sdfsdf" var3="asf_asdf" (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Problem

Hi all, I am having problems parsing the following file: cat mylist one,two,three four five,six My goal is to get each number on a seperate line. one two three four five six I tried this command: sed -e 's/\,/^M/g' mylist (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob11g
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another parsing line awk or sed problem

Hi, After looking on different forums, I'm still in trouble to parse a parameters line received in KSH. $* is equal to "/AAA:111 /BBB:222 /CCC:333 /DDD:444" I would like to parse it and be able to access anyone from his name in my KSH after. like echo myArray => display 111 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RickTrader
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

Hello, I have a similar problem so I continue this thread. I have: my_script_to_format_nicely_bdf.sh | grep "RawData" |tr -s ' '|cut -d' ' -f 4|tr -d '%' So it supposed to return the percentage used of RawData FS: 80 (Want to use it in a alert script) However I also have a RawData2 FS so... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
17 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Problem parsing input with awk

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I want add a line.For example:- 123456 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25 its answer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arsh10
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex text parsing with speed/performance problem (awk solution?)

I have 1.6 GB (and growing) of files with needed data between the 11th and 34th line (inclusive) of the second column of comma delimited files. There is also a lot of stray white space in the file that needs to be trimmed. They have DOS-like end of lines. I need to transpose the 11th through... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem parsing

Hi, I want to fetch a text.Clipping. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing problem

Hello fellow unix geeks, I am having a small dilemna trying to parse a log file I have. Below is a sample of what it will look like: MY_TOKEN1(group) TOKEN(other)|SSID1 MY_TOKEN2(group, group2)|SSID2 What I need to do is only keep the MY_TOKEN pieces and where there are multiple... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
7 Replies
JOIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [-an] [-e s] [-o list] [-tc] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Join forms, on the standard output, a join of the two relations specified by the lines of file1 and file2. If file1 is `-', the standard input is used. File1 and file2 must be sorted in increasing ASCII collating sequence on the fields on which they are to be joined, normally the first in each line. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 that have identical join fields. The output line normally con- sists of the common field, then the rest of the line from file1, then the rest of the line from file2. Fields are normally separated by blank, tab or newline. In this case, multiple separators count as one, and leading separators are dis- carded. These options are recognized: -an In addition to the normal output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file n, where n is 1 or 2. -e s Replace empty output fields by string s. -o list Each output line comprises the fields specified in list, each element of which has the form n.m, where n is a file number and m is a field number. -tc Use character c as a separator (tab character). Every appearance of c in a line is significant. SEE ALSO
sort(1), comm(1), awk(1). BUGS
With default field separation, the collating sequence is that of sort -b; with -t, the sequence is that of a plain sort. The conventions of join, sort, comm, uniq, look and awk(1) are wildly incongruous. 7th Edition April 29, 1985 JOIN(1)