Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute oracle query determined at runtime from a unix script Post 302163494 by infyanurag on Friday 1st of February 2008 06:18:20 AM
Old 02-01-2008
Execute oracle query determined at runtime from a unix script

Hi

I am trying to run a SQL statement from a unix script determined at runtime.
It is throwing me an error. Please advise some solution to this.

echo "Enter username for the database"
read username

echo "Enter password for the database"
read password

echo "Enter SQL stmt"
read sqlstatement

sqlplus ${username}/${password} <<EOF

spool output.lst;

execute immediate '$sqlstatement';

spool off;
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

$HOME Not Getting Set for Oracle Scheduler Script at Runtime

We are researching the possibility of using Oracle 10g Scheduler on Solaris 10 to launch scripts at our site, and the script that I am testing does not get $HOME (and other environment variables) set correctly. Here is the Korn shell script (show_info.ksh): #!/usr/bin/ksh id env | sort Here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute multiple(batch) oracle script in unix mechine

Hi All, How to run multiple oracle script in unix at-a-time.I appriciate if any send the script for me. Regards, Ravi kumar.Gongati (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi gongati
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Query results to be stored in variables using unix

I want to store the sql query output into a variable #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID=DB01; export ORACLE_SID; export FILE_PATH=/home/asg/Tmp # Order Checking echo " removing old files " rm $FILE_PATH/Malformed_Order.txt echo " Enter the Malformed Order ....!" read orders echo "Regrade... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute SQL query in unix script

Hi I am new in unix. oracle and unix are installed in my sytem.i need the script which could connect to the oracle using username ,password and schema and can run the select * from tab query. Thanks vijay (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PROBLEM WITH ORACLE QUERY IN UNIX SCRIPT

hi Guys, i have a problem with oracle query in my unix script.. I'm getting the following error while executing.. ./logtab.sh: sqlplus -s "pmutv/pmutv1" << EOFSQL^Jset head off^Jinsert into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Array name determined at runtime

I'm working on a ksh script and was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to access an array by a variable that is determined at runtime? I have created a test example below, but essentially I will have declared and populated an array (see colorArray below). What I'd like to do is access... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bs103950
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to use function and execute the below query in script.

#!/bin/bash function getDeliveredDispatches(firstDateTime, lastDateTime, limit) { var cursor = db.dispatches.find( {$and: }} ]}, {"deliveryGroupId" : 1, "batchId": 1, "statusHistory.code" : 1} ); var wrongDispatchesIds = ; print("Number of dispatches selected based on filter = " +... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel2462
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to execute sql query.

Hi Experts, Need your support. Not able to use sql query alias in shell script. Could you please help me in finding right way to use alias with sql query in shell script. Below is the code i am using. #!/bin/bash sqlplus -s abc/abc@abc << EOF> bcd.csv set trimspool on select zone_id... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
4 Replies
DBX_CONNECT(3)								 1							    DBX_CONNECT(3)

dbx_connect - Open a connection/database

SYNOPSIS
object dbx_connect (mixed $module, string $host, string $database, string $username, string $password, [int $persistent]) DESCRIPTION
Opens a connection to a database. PARAMETERS
o $module - The $module parameter can be either a string or a constant, though the latter form is preferred. The possible values are given below, but keep in mind that they only work if the module is actually loaded. o DBX_MYSQL or "mysql" o DBX_ODBC or "odbc" o DBX_PGSQL or "pgsql" o DBX_MSSQL or "mssql" o DBX_FBSQL or "fbsql" o DBX_SYBASECT or "sybase_ct" o DBX_OCI8 or "oci8" o DBX_SQLITE or "sqlite" o $host - The SQL server host o $database - The database name o $username - The username o $password - The password o $persistent - The $persistent parameter can be set to DBX_PERSISTENT, if so, a persistent connection will be created. The $host, $database, $username and $password parameters are expected, but not always used depending on the connect functions for the abstracted module. RETURN VALUES
Returns an object on success, FALSE on error. If a connection has been made but the database could not be selected, the connection is closed and FALSE is returned. The returned $object has three properties: o database - It is the name of the currently selected database. o handle - It is a valid handle for the connected database, and as such it can be used in module-specific functions (if required). <?php $link = dbx_connect(DBX_MYSQL, "localhost", "db", "username", "password"); mysql_close($link->handle); // dbx_close($link) would be better here ?> o module - It is used internally by dbx only, and is actually the module number mentioned above. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------+ | 5.0.0 | | | | | | | Introduced DBX_SQLITE. | | | | | 4.3.0 | | | | | | | Introduced DBX_OCI8. | | | | | 4.2.0 | | | | | | | Introduced DBX_SYBASECT. | | | | | 4.1.0 | | | | | | | Introduced DBX_FBSQL. | | | | +--------+---------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 dbx_connect(3) example <?php $link = dbx_connect(DBX_ODBC, "", "db", "username", "password", DBX_PERSISTENT) or die("Could not connect"); echo "Connected successfully"; dbx_close($link); ?> NOTES
Note Always refer to the module-specific documentation as well. SEE ALSO
dbx_close(3). PHP Documentation Group DBX_CONNECT(3)