Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix:mail sending issue..pls help me soon Post 302163460 by ennstate on Friday 1st of February 2008 04:17:55 AM
Old 02-01-2008
May you could try this,

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
 if [[ -s /tmp/report ]] ; then
   echo "Ready to be mailed"
 else
   echo "File is empty"
 fi

Please avoid using "urgent" while posting as this would tend to not to look at it.

Thanks
Nagarajan G

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Mail Thru Unix Script

What are all the things that should be configured in order to send a mail from Unix box. An eg. program of sending a mail will help me a lot!!!!!! Thanks in advance -Om (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail thu unix

Hello everybody. Is it possible in unix to send a mail to my acount like (abcd@xyz.com) if yes then how ?? Thank You !! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellotosatish
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail from unix is failing

i am sending mails from my unix server to my mail id i used sendmail option previously it ran successfully now it is not sending mails what might be the problem this is the message i am getting in /var/mail/abcdev file how to rectify this? ----- The following addresses had permanent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

4. Programming

Sending mail in C/C++ in unix server

Hi Frnds, I have a task in my project wherein i have to send out a mail from my C++ code.With some file attachements.Please help me in this. At a higher level wat i can tell is my code generated 3 csv file and i have to send these files as attachement. My code is executed in unix... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: electroon
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail from unix

Hi, I am using mailx command to send mail through Unix. But I am able to send mail only within my domain. If i want to send mail to some other server, it's not working. Like say If I want to send mail to someone on gmail or yahoo it's not working. but it's working fine within my company domain.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anki_1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail in unix

Dear Friends, I have a shell script where the mail is being sent like this: /usr/lib/sendmail -v ${CPA_ADMIN} CPA_ADMIN="xx@abc.com" Can we specify more than one email ids in this variable? Is ther eany limit to the number of email ids I can specify in this variable, to whom the mail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radhe
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in mail sending process

Hi I created one CSV file and i need to append some message in the content of my mail. $sales=sales.dat $sales_csv=sales.csv $sales_report=sales.txt this is the command am using it. echo "sales for `date`"| read subject uuencode $sales $sales_csv | mailx -ms "${subject}."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue on sending a mail with attachment using unix script ?

Issue on sending a mail with attachment using unix script ? Below is my code and is working fine and there is a issue in the attachment, the attachment file printing as a text-encripted message in the mail draft box instead of putting as a attachment (cat $msg; uuencode $attach1 in1.txt ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail sending issue

I have a script to run root commands on my server namely (alpha), If this commands run successfully I need to mail to myuser@domain.com I need the email to be from alpha@domain.com not from root@alpha.com, Is there a way to do this while I'm running the script as a root # cat myscript ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending e-mail from unix

Hello, I want to send an email from unix. I tried following commands: mailx -s "hello" manish.xxx@xxx.com < echo_manish and echo "Testing Mail" | mailx -s "hello" manish.xxx@xxx.com but in both the commands nothing is happening. I mean it is neither giving any error nor I am receiving... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies
MHMAIL(1)							     [nmh-1.5]								 MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)