Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [AIX 5.2] Problem with rpm
Operating Systems AIX [AIX 5.2] Problem with rpm Post 302163457 by untamed on Friday 1st of February 2008 04:14:29 AM
Old 02-01-2008
[AIX 5.2] Problem with rpm

I downloaded gcc-cplusplus-4.0.0-1.aix5.2.ppc.rpm from IBM AIX Toolbox Download Page - Alphabetical Listing
but:

Code:
-bash-3.00# rpm -ivh gcc-cplusplus-4.0.0-1.aix5.2.ppc.rpm
error: gcc-cplusplus-4.0.0-1.aix5.2.ppc.rpm cannot be installed

I can't understand wht kind of error is it... Can be a dependency problem?

Code:
-bash-3.00# rpm -qa|grep libstdc
libstdc++-4.0.0-1
libstdc++-devel-4.0.0-1

Moreover I have libc.a and libiconv.a in /usr/lib (and /usr/lib is in $PATH).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PHP rpm problem

I did not know where to ask this problem so posting it here The version of php used is 4.3.2. 1. If I say rpm -qa | grep php, I get mod_php4-4.2.2 and mod_php4-core-4.2.2 If I do php -v, I get 4.3.2. How could that be possible? I am sure the version which is being used is 4.3.2. 2. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

rpm problem

I installed gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-34.2.src.rpm using rpm # rpm -ivvh gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-34.2.src.rpm D: ============== gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-34.2.src.rpm D: Expected size: 3903306 = lead(96)+sigs(344)+pad(0)+data(3902866) D: Actual size: 3903306 D: opening db environment... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RPM install problem

I'm trying to install mysql on a server, but I keep getting an error. Can anyone offer any help? Below I've listed a bunch of info that you might find helpful. Here are the commands I'm using. $ ls MySQL-client-community-5.1.35-0.rhel3.i386.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsetchell
2 Replies

4. AIX

perl.prov in RPM 3.0.5 for AIX is broken

Posting to hopefully help the next person googling this issue. The perl.prov script in RPM 3.0.5 from the AIX Toolbox for Linux is horribly broken. It fails under the following circumstances: If a Perl module has improperly-terminated POD, it will skip over valid definitions. This can start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alakaboo
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy?

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy? IE I create an rpm spec file that contains the following if then exit 1 fi My rpm will fail at deployment, but if I do rpm -qa , I can see the rpm in the rpm db (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

6. AIX

Problem Installing Apache from rpm

I am attempting to install an rpm of Apache from perzl.org on an AIX 6100-07-03-1207 server and it is failing. I think I have all of the dependencies installed. Can anyone help? Any help would be appreciated. It fails with the following error: # rpm -Uvh httpd-2.4.2-2.aix5.1.ppc.rpm ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbholde
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Problem with rpm installation

When i try to install rpm with rpm -ivh ntp* it shows package is already install and when i query for same package it shows package is not installed ?How to resolve DSA signature error for rpm? How to choose rpm package except redhat version(el5) and architecture(i386) and site link for that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbharad
5 Replies

8. AIX

Cannot get shared lock on database for rpm on AIX 6.1

Hello, I was trying to install python on aix and it was taking too long and I closed the terminal. Now when i issue the command rpm -qa instead of getting all the rpms installed I'm getting the following error. root:stud -> $ rpm -qa cannot get shared lock on database rpmQuery: rpmdbOpen()... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies

9. AIX

Issue with installing rpm in AIX 6.1

I am trying to install an rpm : libiconv-1.14-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm which is a dependency to install GIT. While I gave the command I got the foll message: root:user-> $ rpm -i -v libiconv-1.14-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm libiconv-1.14-1 ar: Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX rpm: a question about deps

On Solaris 10 i use pkgutil,very nice,update like "apt-get" On HPUX i use depothelper for resolv depends On AIX there is something similar for use rpm? I try this but is not the same thing. AIX Open Source Packages | FAQs / FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
RPMSPEC(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMSPEC(8)

NAME
rpmspec - RPM Spec Tool SYNOPSIS
QUERYING SPEC FILES: rpmspec {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] SPEC_FILE ... select-options [--rpms] [--srpms] query-options [--qf,--queryformat QUERYFMT] [--target TARGET_PLATFORM] QUERY OPTIONS The general form of an rpm spec query command is rpm {-q|--query} [select-options] [query-options] You may specify the format that the information should be printed in. To do this, you use the --qf|--queryformat QUERYFMT option, followed by the QUERYFMT format string. See rpm(8) for details. SELECT OPTIONS --rpms Operate on the binary package header(s). --srpm Operate on the source package header(s). SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmkeys(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMSPEC(8)