Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking network speed not tale with the port setting Post 302163342 by AirWalker83 on Thursday 31st of January 2008 08:27:44 PM
Old 01-31-2008
network speed not tale with the port setting

Hi all, one of my Sun Box facing the problem.
The network port i had set to Auto-Negotiated and i had edited the /etc/system/ file in the Sun box as below:
set hme:hme_adv_autoneg_cap=1
set hme:hme_adv_100fdx_cap=0
set hme:hme_adv_100hdx_cap=0
But when i checked the /var/adm/messages/, it shows
unix: SUNW,hme0: 10 Mbps full-duplex Link Up
The Sun Box can operate with the normal speed
Before this, this Sun Box is running at 100M/full, but one day, it not manage to boot into OS, when i change to the setting as mentioned above, i can run as normal. Then i plan to changed back to 100M/full duplex, but still cannot boot into OS. Therefore, now i run the Sun Box with the setting above
Do you guys have any idea on this?
Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Speed of network link

Sorry to keep bothering you guys like this with all these boring, related questions. But here's one that should be more readily answerable. What command or file should i use to get the speed/data rate of a network link? This is the capacity speed for instance 10Mbps or 100 Mbps in the case of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mint1981
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network speed is slow

Hello, everyone: i encounter a problem these days , pls help me ,thanks in advance. my env: machine: ES40 A ES40 B os: true64 Unix 4.0f note: src.tar 8M network card speed 100M my problem: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

determining ethernet port speed in solaris

i purchased, what was labeled as a 4-port fast ethernet sbus card from ebay. i installed it in my ultra1, and it seems to be working fine. how can i determine if the card is infact a fast ethernet card vs. the standard ethernet 4-port card? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Network speed on HPUX

Hello, can anyone tell me how to change network speed or duplex speed...don't understand the concept why that is imp when the server comes back up to check up on it. Basically have to make sure that the setting from the orginial speed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun box's NIC speed setting

Is there a way to check if my Sun box's network interface card is set to 10 or 100 Mbps? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

6. Solaris

network speed

i have first server (sun solaris 5.10) for example X(172.x.x.x) and i have second server (sun solaris 5.10) for example Y(192.x.x.x) also we have 3 clients PC (windows XP)(172.x.x.x) the X server connect to Y server and to clients PC * who to know the network speed between X and Y * who to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anwar
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check remote switch port speed setting

Hi, Someone told me how to check the remote switch port's speed setting on the other end of the cable, from linux. I forgot it. Anyone knows? I checked dmesg, ethtool (haven't checked this out thoroughly) , no luck. thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Local Network Speed

Dear All, I have an intel NUC running CentOS 7 and physically connected to my Netgear CBVG834G router. They both have Gigabit Ethernet cards and supposedly a top notch network cable connecting the two devices. But when I run ethtool the connection is only running at 100Mbit/s What can I do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies
HME(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    HME(4)

NAME
hme -- Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ Ethernet interfaces device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device hme Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_hme_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The hme driver supports Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ ``Happy Meal Ethernet'' Fast Ethernet interfaces. All controllers supported by the hme driver have TCP checksum offload capability for both receive and transmit, support for the reception and transmission of extended frames for vlan(4) and a 128-bit multicast hash filter. HARDWARE
The hme driver supports the on-board Ethernet interfaces of many Sun UltraSPARC workstation and server models. Cards supported by the hme driver include: o Sun PCI SunSwift Adapter (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus SunSwift Adapter (``hme'' and ``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Sun100BaseT Adapter 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus Sun100BaseT 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') o Sun SBus Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') NOTES
On sparc64 the hme driver respects the local-mac-address? system configuration variable which can be set in the Open Firmware boot monitor using the setenv command or by eeprom(8). If set to ``false'' (the default), the hme driver will use the system's default MAC address for all of its devices. If set to ``true'', the unique MAC address of each interface is used if present rather than the system's default MAC address. Supported interfaces having their own MAC address include on-board versions on boards equipped with more than one Ethernet interface and all add-on cards except the single-port SBus versions. SEE ALSO
altq(4), intro(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), vlan(4), eeprom(8), ifconfig(8) Sun Microelectronics, STP2002QFP Fast Ethernet, Parallel Port, SCSI (FEPS) User's Guide, April 1996, http://mediacast.sun.com/users/Barton808/media/STP2002QFP-FEPs_UG.pdf. HISTORY
The hme driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. The first FreeBSD version to include it was FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The hme driver was written by Paul Kranenburg <pk@NetBSD.org>. BSD
June 14, 2009 BSD