Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep help, how do i rewrite this Post 302163282 by weezybaby on Thursday 31st of January 2008 01:39:50 PM
Old 01-31-2008
alright ll give it a try

Last edited by weezybaby; 01-31-2008 at 06:33 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache Rewrite help!

I am trying to write RewriteRule on Apache_1.3.26 to get users web page from another server. for example if users tries to get web page on www.somedomain.com/~usersname it will get the web page from www.testdomain.com/~username without redirect and users will not be aware of any redirect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rewrite to use a while instead of find?

for FILE in `find /home/Upload/*` Need to use a while instead to prevent errors when the file is emptied (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rewrite a line in a file

Hi Can anyone tell me how can rewrite a line in a file by using line number? I tried to use sed by failed to do so. For example HELLO 179.390 111.560 HOW TO DO WHAT TO DO to become HELLO 200 3000 HOW TO DO WHAT TO DO (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0384
21 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rewrite date

I'm looking to have function that takes the present month and rewrites it into this form: _06_ (june), _09_ (september), and so on.. I would like this to be a my $this_month=code that rewrites date function because I would like to be a able to call it multiple times in the script by writing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marringi
5 Replies

5. Web Development

.htaccess Rewrite Rule

Hello All, I have been asked to create a .htaccess redirect. I have never attempted to work with one of these files. We have a pretty vanilla LAMP setup using rhel4 apache1.3 and php4.2.3. I was instructed to place the .htaccess file in the document root of the site and and to attempt to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Apache rewrite rules.

Hi, I am new to Apache but I have requirement as follows. if the url is http://images/data1/templates/ it should redirect to http:/172.20.224.23/templates/ if the url doesn't have "data1/templates" (mean http://images/) it should redirect to http://images:8080/. I tried as below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sambadamerla
3 Replies

7. Web Development

Need help with rewrite rule

Hi, I hosted my site on Apache web server. I wanted to redirect all the users request to a HTML page(maintenance page). I used the below rewrite rule to do ths same. RewriteEngine on RewriteRule .* /maintenance.html The maintenance.html page contains an image. When ever I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSrikanthB
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Efficient rewrite of code?

egrep -v "#" ${SERVERS} | while read shosts do grep -Pi "|" ${LOGFILE} | egrep "${snhosts}" | egrep "NOTIFICATION:" | awk -F";" '{print $3}' | sort -n | uniq | while read CEXIST do ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail Rewrite Ruleset

Hi all, I like to write a rule which do the following: INPUT ADDRESS REWRITTEN TO ----------------------------- ----------------------------- foo.bar@sub.domain.com bar@domain.com foo@othersub.domain.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashily
1 Replies

10. Linux

Rewrite proxypass

Hi, I have a Apache 2.0 web server. When a users comes in to sitea.com a check is applied if the path ends with *t*, the user hits a rewrite rule that adds an environment variable called x is hit with a proxypass. This has worked successfully in the past, but recently I added another rewrite... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
0 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitVoidGrepUser)Contributed Perl DocumenPerl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitVoidGrep(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitVoidGrep - Don't use "grep" in void contexts. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
"map" and "grep" are intended to be pure functions, not mutators. If you want to iterate with side-effects, then you should use a proper "for" or "foreach" loop. grep{ print frobulate($_) } @list; #not ok print map{ frobulate($_) } @list; #ok grep{ $_ = lc $_ } @list; #not ok for( @list ){ $_ = lc $_ }; #ok map{ push @frobbed, frobulate($_) } @list; #not ok @frobbed = map { frobulate($_) } @list; #ok CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitVoidGrep(3pm)