Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need solution for scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need solution for scripting Post 302163055 by kkc on Thursday 31st of January 2008 01:03:03 AM
Old 01-31-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_cherry
hi KKC,

please you double quote <"> instead of single quote <'> in your sed command, then it should be ok.
sorry i can't get you mean,
i wanted add on such like

print "what is your directory : ";
then the answer is storing to &inName

and the sed will replace the &inName to ${METRICA_DIR}/TechnologyPacks/Spool/2030324032

sed 's|${METRICA_DIR}/TechnologyPacks/Spool/2030324032|$inName|g' $file

Thanks in advance

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need the solution

Write a program to print all prime numbers from 1 to 300. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paniruddha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies
OSALANG(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						OSALANG(1)

NAME
osalang -- information about installed OSA languages SYNOPSIS
osalang [-dlL] DESCRIPTION
osalang prints information about installed OSA languages. With no options, it prints an unadorned list of language names to standard output. These names can be passed to the -l options of osacompile(1) and osascript(1). The options are as follows: -d Only print the default language. -l List in long format. For each language, osalang will print its component subtype, manufacturer, and capability flags. There are eight groups of optional routines that scripting components can support. Each flag is either a letter, meaning the group is supported, or '-', meaning it is not. The letters map to the following groups: c compiling scripts. g getting source data. x coercing script values. e manipulating the event create and send functions. r recording scripts. v ``convenience'' APIs to execute scripts in one step. d manipulating dialects. h using scripts to handle Apple Events. For descriptions of the groups and the APIs in each of them, see <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/mac/IAC/IAC-361.html>. -L Same as -l, but also prints the description of each component after its name. SEE ALSO
osacompile(1), osascript(1) Mac OS X May 1, 2001 Mac OS X