Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to find and remove characters Post 302162483 by Zerby on Tuesday 29th of January 2008 05:40:07 AM
Old 01-29-2008
I've been trying to google, and find the code from this forum. But, I have to say, I don't really know anything about this kind of coding, so:

I haven't really tried nothing.

I just got this task, as I'm in work atm, with "nothing better to do".

As said, if you can write me such code, I would appreciate it very much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing shell script to find line of invalid characters

Hi, I have to write s script to check an input file for invalid characters. In this script I have to find the exact line of the invalid character. If the input file contain 2 invalid character sat line 10 and 17, the script will show the value 10 and 17. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner82
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script to remove nth characters from end of filename

Hi all, I have this basic script to remove, in this case 9 characters from the end of a file name. This is what I have so far, for file in *.mov do newname=`echo $file | sed 's/\(.*\)........./\1/' ` mv "$file" "$newname" done The problem is that it removes the file extension as well.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monkey Dean
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove Ctlr-M characters from file from a unix script

There are 10 files present which have Ctlr-M characters appended to each line of all files. I have a unix script which processes the files in a loop. And there is an inner loop which processes each line in the file concerned. #inputFile is a variable which has the file name of the input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script to find noof characters in a file name

hiiii shell script to find noof characters in a file name, when you run ls -l (using awk) I tried with this ls -l > temp awk -F"," '{print $1 " " expr length $9}' temp but it give some other value instead of file name length (error value like , 563,54,55,56....).How to prnint the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnampkkm
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single/Multiple Line with Special characters - Find & Replace in Unix Script

Hi, I am creating a script to do a find and replace single/multiple lines in a file with any number of lines. I have written a logic in a script that reads a reference file say "findrep" and populates two variables $FIND and $REPLACE print $FIND gives Hi How r $u Rahul() Note:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sarnayak
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to remove the last characters from each row of csv using shell script

Hi, I've a csv file seperated by '|' from which I'm trying to remove the excess '|' characters more than the existing fields. My CSV looks like as below. HRLOAD|Service|AddChange|EN PERSONID|STATUS|LASTNAME|FIRSTNAME|ITDCLIENTUSERID|ADDRESSLINE1 10000001|ACTIVE|Testazar1|Testore1|20041|||... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
24 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find & remove characters in filenames

I have a group of files in different directories with characters such as " ? : in the file names. How do I find these files and remove these characters on mass? Thanks (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
19 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Super Simple Script to remove first characters of any png file

Well I searched the net with varying success, but it seems kinda hard to find a one/max 2 lined command to: strip all *.png files in the folder from their first two characters. Any help is appreciated. In DOS commandline of course... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first 2 characters and last two characters of each line

here's what im trying to do. i have a file containing lines similar to this: data.txt: 1hsRmRsbHRiSFZNTTA1dlEyMWFkbU5wUW5CSlIyeDFTVU5SYjJOSFRuWmpia0ZuWXpKV2FHTnRU 1lKUnpWMldrZFZaMG95V25oYQpSelEyWTBka2QyRklhSHBrUjA1b1kwUkJkd3BOVXpWM1lVaG5k... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a find/remove within a script

Greetings all, I am calling a remove from within a script that is used for a cleanup process.. It is not working as expected. Here is what I am doing. I have a config file that lists out a directory name, and the options to run Within the config file DIR1="find... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies
FATM(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   FATM(4)

NAME
fatm -- device driver for Fore PCA200E ATM interfaces SYNOPSIS
device fatm device utopia device atm options NATM DESCRIPTION
The fatm device driver supports the FORE (now Marconi) PCA200E ATM interface cards. The driver interfaces with the natm(4) framework, netgraph(4) and HARP. It provides only PVC services. Signalling, ATMARP, ILMI and other higher layer protocols are implemented using netgraph(4) or HARP. For configuring the card for IP see natmip(4). The following sysctls are recognized by the driver additionally to those handled by utopia(4): hw.atm.fatmN.stats Returns a device specific statistic list of uint32_t statistic counters. hw.atm.fatmN.istats Returns a list of uint32_t with internal driver statistics. hw.atm.fatmN.retry_tx If this is set packets are stuffed back into the interface's send queue when the cards transmit queue is found to be full. They are transmitted later. If this is not set the packets are dropped. It may be useful to set this if only UBR traffic is sent. hw.atm.fatmN.debug (Only if debugging enabled.) These are debugging flags. See src/sys/dev/fatm/if_fatmvar.h for the possible flags. The driver supports the media options sdh, noscramb and unassigned (see utopia(4)). DIAGNOSTICS
fatm0: <FORE PCA200E> mem 0xd5800000-0xd59fffff irq 9 at device 9.0 on pci0 SEE ALSO
natm(4), natmip(4), utopia(4) AUTHORS
Harti Brandt <harti@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
These cards can CBR shape a single VCC only. It is currently possible to request more than one CBR connection. In this case all the timing will be wrong. See hatm(4) for a better card. BSD
May 15, 2003 BSD