Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with cleanup
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with cleanup Post 302161704 by whdr02 on Friday 25th of January 2008 02:00:37 PM
Old 01-25-2008
Help with cleanup

I am trying to add a unique string to a variable to prevent some name space collisions.

DATAFILE=/u001/app/unica/affinium644/campaign/partitions/limited/tmp/ebf9aaah.t~#
DATETIME=`date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S`
echo $DATAFILE > tmpnme.txt
sed 's_/_ _g' tmpnme.txt > tmpnme2.txt
DATA=$(cat tmpnme2.txt)
TMPNAME=$(echo $DATA | awk '{print $9}')
TMPNAE2=$(echo ${TMPNAME%.*})
TBLNAME=$(echo ${DATETIME}${TMPNAE2})
rm tmpnme.txt
rm tmpnme2.txt

TBLNAME will be used as the table name and the datafile is unique but I would be just as satisfied to use a random string or something else.

Any help would be appreciated. I am sure this could be done much more efficiently.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail cleanup

What is the correct procedures to clean up /var/spool/mqueue? Any help appreciated. This directory gets really clogged up at times. :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomi39
1 Replies

2. AIX

Login ID cleanup

Hello I have many old IDs on my AIX and would like to know the simplest way of knowing the last time an ID was used. I am familiar with the "last" command. Thanks for any info :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MILLERJ62
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Cleanup Script

Hi Guys, I've got an system setup to act as an sftp server. I have a script that allows me to create chroot users running a custom shell within their home directory, it also creates a subdirectory that they can write into. I'm trying to write a script (that I can cron at a later date) that checks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King_Brucie
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleanup script

Hi! I would like to write a script which remove some files, all beginning with the same prefix : prefix.1 doc/prefix.2 ../prefix.3 etc. So, I would create a file and chmod it executable. But I dont know how to pass a variable to a script. I would like to write something like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

/home cleanup

Hi All, I have this script for linux on cleaning up orphaned folder. But I need to use this on solaris 8/9/10 for user in $(ls | grep -v lost+found) ; do id $user >/dev/null 2>&1 if ] then ls -ld $user grep $user /etc/passwd fi done Can someone please convert this script? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleanup between parenthesis

Hi, I am trying to clean up data between parenthesis () in a file. See example below.... Input File : (New York) Chicago (London) New York (Chicago) London New York Chicago (London) (New York) (Chicago) (London) New York (Chicago) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msalam65
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Table Cleanup Script

I needed some help with a script to fetch and delete all records prior to 3 days from now connecting to sybase from sunos. I wrote the following script but not working..can someone please guide me with my code. Thanks #!/bin/ksh ##GET PREVIOUS DAY DATE dt=`date | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe458
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pid.cleanup script.

Hi guys! I have a directory in the production environment from which i have to delete files older then 40 minutes with .pid extention. I wrote a script below for the purpose. #!/bin/bash # # Script to delete specific file older than N minutes. # OLDERTHAN="40" #40 minutes ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajid.shah
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to Cleanup Multipathing

I have a server running redhat 5.5 and it has one SAN device presented to it as LUN9. How can I clean up the remaining entries. I cannot afford to interupt the service. Please assist. # multipath -l mpath0 (36000097000019260298953666633436) dm-11 EMC,SYMMETRIX \_ round-robin 0 \_ 2:0:0:9 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Adobe application cleanup

I am trying to come up with a universal way of cleaning up after CS5 (and 5.5) installs. The history is this: adobe has a deployment tool called AAMEE that lets you re-package items and deploy them. Unfortunately it's very messy and leaves Application folders (and pieces of the apps) that do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kleinboy
1 Replies
DATETIME.ADD(3) 							 1							   DATETIME.ADD(3)

DateTime::add - Adds an amount of days, months, years, hours, minutes and seconds to a DateTime object

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::add (DateInterval $interval) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_add (DateTime $object, DateInterval $interval) Adds the specified DateInterval object to the specified DateTime object. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $interval - A DateInterval object RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.add(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); $date->add(new DateInterval('P10D')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2000-01-01'); date_add($date, date_interval_create_from_date_string('10 days')); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d'); ?> The above examples will output: 2000-01-11 Example #2 Further DateTime.add(3) examples <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); $date->add(new DateInterval('PT10H30S')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); $date->add(new DateInterval('P7Y5M4DT4H3M2S')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2000-01-01 10:00:30 2007-06-05 04:03:02 Example #3 Beware when adding months <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-12-31'); $interval = new DateInterval('P1M'); $date->add($interval); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->add($interval); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2001-01-31 2001-03-03 NOTES
DateTime.modify(3) is an alternative when using PHP 5.2. SEE ALSO
DateTime.sub(3), DateTime.diff(3), DateTime.modify(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.ADD(3)