Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file moving based on file content Post 302161350 by melvyn.cochrane on Thursday 24th of January 2008 08:55:41 AM
Old 01-24-2008
thanks everybody for their help, based on a combination of all the replies received, i was able to achieve what i wanted.

thanks again
Melvyn

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and sending mail based on content of the file

Hi Gurus, I am having an requirement. i have to read a list file which contains file names and send mail to different users based on the files in the list file. eg. if file a.txt exists then send a mail to a@a.com simillary for b.txt,c.txt etc. Thanks for your help, Nimu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimu1979
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Content from one file to another with variables

Greetings All, Need some help, your input is appreciated. Scenario: I have five files, each has one line with comletely different content. I execute the command to combine all the five lines of content into a single file. Goal: I would like to take that single file that has the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royarellano
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing file content based on file header

Hi, I have several text files each containing some data as shown below: File1.txt >DataHeader Data... Data... File2.txt >DataHeader Data... Data... etc. What I want is to change the 'DataHeader' based on the file name. So the output should look like: File1.txt >File1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a file based on size

hello, I am creating a script that is going to scan the contents of a directory, and if it finds a certain DocumentName that is a certain size (The example, DocumentName and a size of 8777) If this file exists, it needs to be moved to a directory for later removal/processing..anyone have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the file content based on the Header of the file

Hi All, I want to remove the content based on the header information . Please find the example below. File1.txt Name|Last|First|Location|DepId|Depname|DepLoc naga|rr|tion|hyd|1|wer|opr Nava|ra|tin|gen|2|wera|opra I have to search for the DepId and remove the data from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Moving of file content to another two files after searching with specific pattern

Hello, Please help me with this!! Thanks in advance!! I have a file named file.gc with the content: 1-- Mon Sep 10 08:53:09 CDT 2012 2revoke connect from FR2261; 3delete from mkt_allow where grantee = 'FR2261'; 4grant connect to FR2261 with '******'; 5alter user FR2261 comment... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Dynamically Extract file content based on Parameters from a pdf file

Hi Guru's, I am new to shell scripting. I have a unique requirement: The system generates a single pdf(/tmp/ABC.pdf) file with Invoices for Multiple Customers, the format is something like this: Page1 >> Customer 1 >>Invoice1 + invoice 2 >> Page1 end Page2 >> Customer 2 >>Invoice 3 + Invoice 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIps
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for moving one file with date content in name

Dear All, I am having a database that generates daily backup files in the below format. abc_date_0010.zip. Can you please suggest a method to copy the last day's file to another location. I am trying with if statement, but having difficulty while I use the condition like if ; then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skooby
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files based on file name

Hi All, I have multiple files in the folder, I want to move those files into the other folder on based of name File names: Template_server1_01==> Template_server1_02==>To one directory /Server1 Template_server1_03==> Template_server2_01==> Template_server2_02==>To one... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create file and file content based existing information?

Hi Gurus, I am SQL developer and new unix user. I need to create some file and file content based on information in two files. I have one file contains basic information below file1 and another exception file file2. the rule is if "zone' and "cd" in file1 exists in file2, then file name is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Torhong
13 Replies
UNKNOWN(1)						      General Commands Manual							UNKNOWN(1)

NAME
unknown - identify possible genotypes for unknowns SYNOPSIS
A program to rapidly identify which genotypes are possible for individuals typed as unknowns in the input pedigree. unknown [ -cl ] DESCRIPTION
unknown infers possible genotypes and mating combinations for parents with unknown genotypes for ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1). OPTIONS
-c Use conditional allele frequencies. -l Choose a good set of loop breakers automatically. RETURN VALUE
0 Successful completion ERRORS
10 File not found 255 Failure EXAMPLES
Normally, unknown(1) is run immediately prior to its sister programs, ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1), like this: unknown mlink FILES
unknown(1) reads the two files pedfile.dat and datafile.dat as its own input and produces various temporary files that are used as input to the next program. These temporary files are ipedfile.dat, upedfile.dat, speedfile.dat and newspeedfile.dat. NOTES
unknown(1) is part of the FASTLINK package, which is a re-implementation of the LINKAGE suite of computer tools that help investigate genetic linkage as first proposed G.M. Lathrop, J.M. Lalouel, C. Julier, and J. Ott. AUTHORS
Dylan Cooper, Alejandro Schaffer, and Tony Schurtz based on work originally by Jurg Ott, Ph.D, et. al. This manual page was written by Elizabeth Barham <lizzy@soggytrousers.net> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). WORD-WIDE-WEB http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/CBBResearch/Schaffer/fastlink.html SEE ALSO
ilink(1), linkmap(1), lodscore(1), mlink(1). April 15, 2003 UNKNOWN(1)