Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read elements of a xml file?????? Post 302160938 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 23rd of January 2008 07:02:44 AM
Old 01-23-2008
One way is to use sed repeatedly as the following example shows.

Code:
 sed -n '/\<Family2\>/,/\<\/Family2\>/p' file | sed -n '/\<Father\>/,/\<\/Father\>/p' | sed -n 's/\<name=\(.*\)\/\>/\1/p'

It outputs "DAVE".

A better way is to use something like the XML extension to gawk (XMLgawk)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read xml file

Iam new to shell script. How to read xmlfile using shellscript(without awk),and Store record by record in file . My xml file: <root> <header> <HeaderData1>header1</HeaderData1> <HeaderData2>header2</HeaderData2> </header> <detailsRecord> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help using SED to comment XML elements

I'm trying to write a script to help automate some VERY tedious manual tasks. I have groups of fairly large XML files (~3mb+) that I need to edit. I need to look through the files and parse the XML looking for a certain flag contained in a field. If I find this flag (an integer value) I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: J-Hon
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data in XML file

Hello Everybody, I have a question on reading the data from XML file through KSH shell script. In the below file I need to collect the patient control no and its respective insured id. I need to have pair of these values in single line separated by some special character, so that I could use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swame_sp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read and write to xml file

hi i am quite new to shell scripting and need help in reading and writing in xml file i have an xml file with format: <main> <store> <name>ABC</name> <flag>0</flag> <size>123<size> </store> <store> <name>DEF</name> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kichu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML elements and store them in array

Hi Friends Im so confused with using 'for' loop in ksh. I have a xml like the following: <serviceProvider> <serviceProviderID>1</serviceProviderID> <serviceProviderName>Balesh</serviceProviderName> <serviceFeeAmount>30.00</serviceFeeAmount> </serviceProvider>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balesh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to read XML file

Dear All, I have one log file and it contains lot of XML as below. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murtujak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on awk to read xml file

Hello, I have a xml file as shown below. I want to parse the file and store data in variables. xml file looks like: <TEST NAME="DataBaseurl">jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:ora10</TEST> <TEST NAME="Databaseuser">Pradeep</TEST> ...... and many other such lines i want to read this file and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract only required elements from XML.

Hi , I have an XML like this. <Request> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"> <version>v44</version><messageId>7247308192</messageId><timeToLive>72000000000</timeToLive> </Request>. I want to extract on version and messageId. As in my output... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file excluding XML in it

Hi , I have a file like below.I want all the content in a single line excluding the XML.How can i proceed? t=21 y=23 rg=xyz ..... <xmlstarts> . . <xmlends> lk=99 lo=09 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we extract specific elements from XML?

Hi, I have a requirement to extract specific element value dynamically from XML message. Here is the sample message: <File> <List> <main> <dir>doc/store834/archive</dir> <count>5</count> </main> <main> <dir>doc/store834/extract</dir> <count>6</count> </main> <main> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: renukeswar
3 Replies
CRM_DIFF(8)							  [FIXME: manual]						       CRM_DIFF(8)

NAME
crm_diff - identify changes to the cluster configuration and apply patches to the configuration files SYNOPSIS
crm_diff [-?|-V] [-o filename] [-O string] [-p filename] [-n filename] [-N string] DESCRIPTION
The crm_diff command assists in creating and applying XML patches. This can be useful for visualizing the changes between two versions of the cluster configuration or saving changes so they can be applied at a later time using cibadmin. OPTIONS
--help, -? Print a help message. --original filename, -o filename Specify the original file against which to diff or apply patches. --new filename, -n filename Specify the name of the new file. --original-string string, -O string Specify the original string against which to diff or apply patches. --new-string string, -N string Specify the new string. --patch filename, -p filename Apply a patch to the original XML. Always use with -o. --cib, -c Compare or patch the inputs as a CIB. Always specify the base version with -o and provide either the patch file or the second version with -p or -n, respectively. --stdin, -s Read the inputs from stdin. EXAMPLES
Use crm_diff to determine the differences between various CIB configuration files and to create patches. By means of patches, easily reuse configuration parts without having to use the cibadmin command on every single one of them. 1. Obtain the two different configuration files by running cibadmin on the two cluster setups to compare: cibadmin -Q > cib1.xml cibadmin -Q > cib2.xml 2. Determine whether to diff the entire files against each other or compare just a subset of the configurations. 3. To print the difference between the files to stdout, use the following command: crm_diff -o cib1.xml -n cib2.xml 4. To print the difference between the files to a file and create a patch, use the following command: crm_diff -o cib1.xml -n cib2.xml > patch.xml 5. Apply the patch to the original file: crm_diff -o cib1.xml -p patch.xml FILES
/var/lib/heartbeat/crm/cib.xml--the CIB (minus status section) on disk. Editing this file directly is strongly discouraged. SEE ALSO
??? AUTHOR
crm_diff was written by Andrew Beekhof. [FIXME: source] 07/05/2010 CRM_DIFF(8)